89| Practical Rules to Make Relationships Work - Franklin Veaux
In this episode Franklin Veaux gives advice on:
- Franklin and Eve's background and polyamory lifestyle (02:28)
- Maintaining long distance relationships in polyamory (05:29)
- Managing communication between multiple partners in polyamorous relationships (08:00)
- How Franklin and Eve started writing about polyamory and their book: More Than Two: A practical guide to ethical polyamory (see show notes below) (10:17)
- Franklin and Eve's definition of a healthy relationship (14:53)
- Recognizing if you are in a healthy relationship: a relationship bill of rights to set respectful boundaries (17:15)
- Unhealthy boundaries in relationships regarding invasion of privacy and broken trust (22:48)
- In terms of healthy relationships, the differences between monogamy and polyamory (24:20)
- The benefits of exploring polyamory, the necessary relationship skills, and determining if it is for you (25:28)
- Is polyamory about intimate long-term relationships or more of a casual thing? (29:50)
- Cheating in relationships and if it is beneficial to become polyamorous (30:51)
- A matter of opinion: most women do not like going to swinging clubs. They're mostly doing it for their partners (35:12)
- The importance of security and insecurities in relationships: developing self-esteem and personal security (37:00)
- Useful tools and approaches for entering into a relationship (38:59)
- Managing jealously in a relationship, within yourself as well as in your partner (41:58)
- The frameworks of polyamory and the benefits of adding structure to relationships (47:35)
- Using "vetos" in relationship communication and the pitfalls (52:06)
- Navigating the boundaries of a relationship and how it's going to affect you (57:33)
- Different scenarios for initiating a polyamorous relationship (58:46)
- The best way to connect with Franklin and Eve to learn more about their work (1:11:38)
- Recommendations for high quality advice in polyamory (1:12:28)
GET MORE: Show Notes & Resources, Interview Transcript and Comments.
HELP ME SPREAD THE WORD!
Think this episode was Kick-Ass?
An iTunes review would be SO appreciated! This is what helps me stand out so I can help more men like you.
Click here to review the show.
Hit me up with your comments and guest suggestions. I read EVERYTHING.
• Email: [email protected]
• Get my newsletter: Click here to get my Newsletter
• Got a question? Drop it in our voicemail to get it answered: 323.747.5006
MORE FREE STUFF:
• Get the Fast Track Dating System
• Get Monster Brain Dump from our Editorial Team on Top Advice of All Time