03.05.2021 - By Counselor Toolbox Podcast
- Acetylcholine is not often talked about but is a necessary excitatory neurotransmitter
- Acetylcholine interacts with gonadal hormones, thyroid hormones and several neurotransmitters
- Acetylcholine is important for energy, memory, attention, regulation of muscle contraction and much more.
- Choline is necessary to make acetylcholine
- Tyrosine is necessary to make acetylcholine
- Too much acetylcholine contributes to anxiety and irritability, too little contributes to anhedonia