Gleb Tsipursky || Cognitive Bias in Relationships
08.16.2021 - By The Psychology Podcast
Today it’s great to have Gleb Tsipursky on the podcast. Gleb is the CEO of Disaster Avoidance Experts where he consults, coaches, and trains leaders on decision making and risk management strategy. A cognitive neuroscientist and behavioral economist, Dr. Tsipursky has over 550 articles and 450 interviews in prominent venues such as Psychology Today, USA Today, Fast Company, CBS News, Time, and elsewhere. He’s also a bestselling author known for Never Go With Your Gut: How Pioneering Leaders Make the Best Decisions and Avoid Business Disasters. His new book is The Blind Spots Between Us: How to Overcome Unconscious Cognitive Bias & Build Better Relationships available at disasteravoidanceexperts.com/blindspots. He lives in Columbus, Ohio, and to avoid disaster in his personal life, he makes sure to spend ample time with his wife.
· Should you ever go with your gut?
· Why our fight or flight response is a blind spot
· Tribalism fuels disagreement in modern society
· In-group and out-group bias
· The halo and horn effect
· Shame does not promote diversity and inclusion
· The illusion of transparency
· How to listen and communicate better
· Expert intuition and empathy in relationships
· When can we trust our intuition?
· Strategies to improve mental fitness
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/the-psychology-podcast/support