Ep. 61: How Should I Tackle Big Projects?
01.11.2021 - By Deep Questions with Cal Newport
Below are the questions covered in today's episode (with their timestamps). For instructions on submitting your own questions, go to calnewport.com/podcast.
Deep Dive: Executing Big Projects [10:18]
- Is pairing a problem for programmers? [20:21]
- When do you review past time block schedules? [25:46]
- How do I force myself to execute my plans? [29:48]
- How do you figure out what projects to pursue? [36:38]
- Should you take personality traits into mind when choosing a job? [41:39]
- Organizing rapidly expanding research rabbit holes. [47:27]
- How do I pursue depth surrounded by toddlers? [54:53]
- Why do I use Overleaf as my LaTex editor? [59:40]
- How do I stay informed about current events without falling into the "Twitter Trap"? [1:02:26]
- What is the deal with Zettelkasten note taking? [1:09:10]
DEEP LIFE QUESTIONS
- Should I time block personal time? [1:16:54]
- Should I relax between college and my first job? [1:20:39]
- How can I develop curiosity? [1:22:38]
Thanks to listener Jay Kerstens for the intro music.