How To Improve Your Metabolic Health

03.04.2022 - By The Doctor's Farmacy with Mark Hyman, M.D.

Download our free app to listen on your phone

This episode is brought to you by Eight Sleep, Athletic Greens, and BiOptimizers.   Only about 12 percent of Americans are considered “metabolically healthy.” That means the other 88 percent of us aren’t meeting basic medical guidelines for things like blood pressure, blood glucose, cholesterol, and other markers of metabolic health. In today’s episode, I talk with Dr. Cindy Geyer, Dr. Ben Bikman, Mark Sisson, and Dr. Elizabeth Boham about how to identify if you are metabolically unhealthy, how to optimize your metabolic flexibility, and much more.   Dr. Cindy Geyer received her Bachelor of Science and Doctor of Medicine degrees, with honors, from the Ohio State University. She completed residency in internal medicine at Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester, NY, and is triple board certified in internal medicine, integrative medicine, and lifestyle medicine. She joined The Ultrawellness Center in 2021 after practicing and serving as the medical director at Canyon Ranch for 23 years.    Dr. Ben Bikman is a renowned metabolic research scientist and a popular speaker on human metabolism and nutrition. Backed by years of research, Dr. Bikman’s mission is to help the world appreciate the prevalence and relevance of insulin resistance. He is the author of the book Why We Get Sick: The Hidden Epidemic at the Root of Most Chronic Disease—and How to Fight It, which offers a thought-provoking yet real solution to insulin resistance and reversing prediabetes, improving brain function, shedding fat, and preventing diabetes.    Mark Sisson is the founder of the popular daily health blog Mark’s Daily Apple, godfather to the Primal food and lifestyle movement, and the New York Times bestselling author of The Keto Reset Diet: Reboot Your Metabolism in 21 Days and Burn Fat Forever. His latest book is Keto for Life: Reset Your Biological Clock in 21 Days and Optimize Your Diet for Longevity, where he discusses how he combines the keto diet with a Primal lifestyle for optimal health and longevity. Mark is the author of numerous other books as well, including The Primal Blueprint.
Dr. Elizabeth Boham is a physician and nutritionist who practices Functional Medicine at The UltraWellness Center in Lenox, MA. Through her practice and lecturing she has helped thousands of people achieve their goals of optimum health and wellness. She witnesses the power of nutrition every day in her practice and is committed to training other physicians to utilize nutrition in healing.    This episode is brought to you by Eight Sleep, Athletic Greens, and BiOptimizers.
Check out Eight Sleep’s Pod Pro mattress or mattress cover and save $150 at checkout at eightsleep.com/mark.
Right now when you purchase AG1 from Athletic Greens, you will receive 10 FREE travel packs with your first purchase by visiting athleticgreens.com/hyman.
BiOptimizers Magnesium Breakthrough formula contains seven different forms of magnesium. Go to magbreakthrough.com/hyman and use code hyman10 at checkout for 10% off your next order.
Mentioned in this episode: How To Work With Your Doctor To Get What You Need See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.

More episodes from The Doctor's Farmacy with Mark Hyman, M.D.