Ep. 65: Is Productivity Bad?
01.25.2021 - By Deep Questions with Cal Newport
Below are the questions covered in today's episode (with their timestamps). For instructions on submitting your own questions, go to calnewport.com/podcast.
DEEP DIVE: Is productivity good or bad? [4:28]
- How do you extract good career advice from successful people? [19:16]
- How do I improve my GRE score? [27:38]
- Is there a category of work between deep and shallow? [29:53]
- Should high school students time block? [31:53]
- How should I search for my first job during the pandemic? [37:33]
- Can psychedelics play a role in the deep life? [45:19]
- What are my favorite single-use technologies? [49:22]
- Are AI-based writing suggestions a problem? [52:20]
- What social internet technologies deserve a resurgence? [57:34]
DEEP LIFE QUESTIONS
- How can I work deeply in a small apartment? [1:01:58]
- How do I help people who hate self help? [1:08:18]
- How can I encourage my friends to be deeper? [1:12:18]
Thanks to Jay Kerstens for the intro music.