218: Lauren Fleshman on Retirement, Heartbreak, and Embodying Wilder
09.12.2016 - By Running On Om
“If your heart is naked enough and exposed enough to break that visibly, it’s also primed to do something extraordinary.”
In this episode, Lauren Fleshman, runner, coach, mother, co-founder of Picky Bars, and writer, discusses her recent retirement from professional running, the heartbreak of the Olympic pursuit, and what it means to embody Wilder. Lauren covers the following topics:
- Lauren’s experience leading her first Wilder running and writing retreat
- Why Lauren decided to retire from professional running
- Reflections on the heartbreak at the Olympic Trials
- Lauren’s perspective on the gender and doping issues at the 2016 Rio Olympics
- How Lauren embodies the wilder spirit in her running now
- What’s next for Lauren
How Can You Support The ROO Podcast?
1. Tell Your Friends & Share Online!
2. Subscribe & leave a review of the podcast on iTunes!