Six Common Mistakes Mid-Career Pastors Make
08.03.2021 - By Rainer on Leadership
Experienced pastors are not immune from mistakes. On this episode, Thom and Sam discuss some common blindspots for mid-career pastors. These mistakes are not career killers, but they can set back a ministry. While all pastors can fall into these traps, those who are mid-career are particularly susceptible.
1. Going to a bigger or better church will reduce stress levels.
2. Flattening the learning curve for new trends because experience is adequate.
3. Relaxing standards of accountability because church trust level is higher.
4. Responding defensively to critics because of previous hurt.
5. Forgetting all your children need more attention, not less.
6. Failure to embrace continuing education.
Church Consultation University
Free 30-day trial Church Answers Silver membership
Know Your Community
* How Your Church Can Reach People In a Post-COVID World Ebook
Southeastern is committed to helping you get the training you need to pursue your ministry from anywhere around the world. That’s why we’re waiving the application fee to any of our programs for Church Answers listeners. Use the code “CHURCHANSWERS” and we’ll waive the fee. No matter what stage of life’s journey you find yourself in, we want to help you take your next step in getting equipped to disciple and teach others. In coming to Southeastern, you’ll find that seminary isn’t just about theological education; it’s about ministry preparation. Explore degrees, schedule a visit, or apply today at sebts.edu.
If you're a church, school, nonprofit, values-based business, or family office, Vanderbloemen would be honored to serve you. Their team's goal is to empower yours by aligning your people solutions for growth: hiring, compensation, succession, and culture. Hire the right people. Pay them well. Plan for the future. Build a culture that lasts. Learn more at Vanderbloemen.com