Dr. Brené Brown: On Holding Boundaries & Facing Our Fear
12.02.2021 - By We Can Do Hard Things with Glennon Doyle
1. Brené and Glennon role play through a scenario on how to put boundaries in practice with family members this holiday season.
2. Why Brené insists that starting “a love affair with the thing you’re most afraid of” will change your life.
3. Glennon asks Brené the question she’s been dying to ask about how a woman’s work is defined and received in the world compared to her male counterparts.
4. How understanding that grief and loss are an inevitable part of change helps us navigate toward the decisions that serve us.
5. Brené answers questions from the Pod Squad and our rapid fire session on: tough emotions, tattoos, and her favorite place on Earth.
Dr. Brené Brown is a research professor at the University of Houston where she holds the Huffington Foundation Endowed Chair at The Graduate College of Social Work. Brené is also a visiting professor in management at The University of Texas at Austin McCombs School of Business.
She has spent the past two decades studying courage, vulnerability, shame, and empathy, is the author of five #1 New York Times bestsellers, and is the host of the weekly Spotify Original podcasts Unlocking Us and Dare to Lead.
Brené’s books have been translated into more than 30 languages and titles include: Dare to Lead, Braving the Wilderness, Rising Strong, Daring Greatly, and The Gifts of Imperfection. Most recently Brené collaborated with Tarana Burke to co-edit You Are Your Best Thing: Vulnerability, Shame Resilience, and the Black Experience.
Her TED talk – The Power of Vulnerability – is one of the top five most viewed TED talks in the world with over 50 million views. She is also the first researcher to have a filmed lecture on Netflix. The Call to Courage special debuted on the streaming service in April 2019.
Brené lives in Houston, Texas, with her husband, Steve. They have two children, Ellen and Charlie.
Book: Atlas of the Heart: Mapping Meaningful Connection and the Language of Human Experience
To learn more about listener data and our privacy practices visit: https://www.audacyinc.com/privacy-policy
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit https://podcastchoices.com/adchoices