How Programmers Think and Learn with Prof. Felienne Hermans
02.02.2021 - By Software Engineering Unlocked
In this episode, I talk to Felienne Hermans, who is an associate professor at the University of Leiden and researches how developers think and learn.
We talk about:
- why it is so hard to read and understand code,
- her book "The developer's brain",
- how we can learn easier to program,
- techniques to understand complex code quicker,
- how a shared vocabulary can help teams, not only during code reviews
- and her process to write a book developers will love.