SOS 004 Will’s $6 million Amazon FBA Story, Tips Picking Epic Products & The Canton Fair
Will Tjernlund and I discuss how he built his Amazon FBA business into a $6,000,000 company in under 4 years and how he got started. We also get into discussing a lot of great ideas for picking epic private label items to sell on Amazon while talking about our experiences. Then later on the show we ask Will about the Canton Fair in China where you can go each year to meet different manufactures to produce your products and brainstorm new ideas. Do not miss this episode.
Links mentioned on this episode:
Google Trends - A tool to look and track trends of keyword searches overtime on Google and see trends.
Amazon FBA - Our favorite place to sell our private label products of course.
Alibaba Marketplace - Marketplace to source products from manufactures.
Canton Fair - Chinese Import and Export Fair.
Discussed on this episode:
- How will got started with Amazon FBA.
- How successful he was picking his first product.
- The first product he picked to sell on Amazon to get going.
- Chat about Amazon FBA product niches
- How his family got him into the Amazon business importing from china while he was growing up.
- Experiences with finding past successful FBA products.
- What he looks for when picking products to sell on Amazon FBA.
- How Will got going selling his first product.
Problems often faced when beginning to sell Private Label Products on Amazon FBA
- Products sell too fast
- Cant get products into stock quick enough
Things Will looks for when picking Amazon Private Label Products to Import
- Picking items with little or no electronics.
- Doing deeper research in the Amazon category your going to sell in.
- Its better to sell 1000 items once a day then 1 items 1000 times a day.
- How long it took Will to get his business making six million dollars.
- Experiences importing a container of products to sell on Amazon.
- What to watch for to prevent yourself from selling out before you can re-stock more products.
Biggest Mistakes Seen When Beginning You Amazon FBA Business
- Not moving forward and worrying about hurdles.
- Not taking action and getting started.
- Putting too much value on Amazon Best Seller Ratings.
- Not doing Google Trend or keyword research
Tips Looking for finding Epic Products To Sell Private Label on Amazon
- Look for products that are not being fulfilled by Amazon.
- Make sure these products have reviews and some proof of sales.
- How Will found his niches and why he diversifies the products he sells.
- How many listings he has on Amazon in his inventory.
- Selling combo private label products on Amazon.
Will's Experience at The Canton Fair and Why You Should Go To
- Went in 2014 during the fall
- Was there for 3 weeks
- How the Canton Fair has different phases when its on.
- Finding great PL products for sale and brainstorming at the fair.
- How easy it was to get around when going to the Canton Fair.
- Transportation to the Canton fair back and forth by subway to get around quicker.
- How he could get around in China easily with out speaking any Chinese.
- How easily it is to navigate in China to get to the Canton Fair.
- Making a living proof reading billboards in China because of bad grammar.
Wills outlook for the future of his Amazon FBA PL business
- Increasing his business to the 20 million dollar mark.
- Focusing more on maximizing profit vs growing revenue.
- How long he see's it taking him to get to his next business goal.