English&Chinese 英文诗歌朗读

172、做最好的自己-道格拉斯·马洛赫


Listen Later

人的一生会有不同的际遇,每个人的成长会造就不同的结局,也正因为每个人的不同,让大千世界的芸芸众生变得如此鲜活。活出自己的模样,不要去艳羡任何人,做最好的那个自己。

Be the best of whatever you are

做最好的自己-道格拉斯·马洛赫

——Douglas Malloch

If you can’t be a pine on the top of thehill

如果你无法成为山顶上的一棵苍松,

Be a scrub in the valley—

就做山谷中的一丛灌木—

But be the best little scrub

by the side of the rill;

但一定要做

溪边最好的一丛小灌木;

Be a bush if you can't be a tree.

如果不能长成参天大树就好好做一丛灌木。

If you can't be a bush be a bit of thegrass,

如果你成不了灌木,那就做一棵小草,

And some highway some happier make;

让道路因你而更有生气

If you can't be a muskie then just be a

bass—

如果你成不了海洋中的大梭鱼那就做一条鲈

鱼—

But the liveliest bass in the lake!

但一定要做湖里那条最有 活力的鲈鱼!

We can't all be captains, we've got to becrew,

我们不可能都做船长,必须要有人做船员

There's something for all of us here.

总会有适合我们做的一些小事

There's big work to do and there's lesserto do,

有大事,也有小事

And the task we must do is the near.

我们要做的就是眼前的事

If you can't be a highway then just be atrail,

如果你成不了大道那就做一条小径

If you can't be the sun be a star;

如果你成不了太阳那就做一颗星星

It isn't by size that you win or you

fail—

成功还是失败并不能取决于你所做事情的大

小——

Be the best of whatever you are!

做最好的自己!

...more
View all episodesView all episodes
Download on the App Store

English&Chinese 英文诗歌朗读By 风木白