Ep. 95: How Do I Maintain the Will to Do Deep Work?
05.10.2021 - By Deep Questions with Cal Newport
Below are the questions covered in today's episode (with their timestamps). For instructions on submitting your own questions, go to calnewport.com/podcast.
DEEP WORK QUESTIONS
- What challenges will I face switching to time-block planning for the first time? [3:43]
- How do I time block very long days? [8:20]
- How do I move external colleagues and clients away from email collaboration? [11:10]
- How do I manage multiple email addresses? [18:57]
- How do I avoid Slack FOMO? [20:21]
- How can I avoid Twitter if it's where important updates are posted? [25:49]
- RANT ALERT: What do I (Cal) think about big tech data collection? [28:45]
- How do you hit a bestseller list without social media? [35:57]
- What were my (Cal's) early blogging habits? [40:21]
DEEP LIFE QUESTIONS
- Do I (Cal) listen to audio books? [50:10]
- How do I (Cal) remember thoughts from my walks? [51:31]
- Will social media usage go down oner time? [54:10]
- How do I be a digital minimalist in a maximalist family? [58:30]
- What are the drawbacks of working more seasonly? [59:52]
- How do I maintain the will to do deep work? [1:07:55]
Thanks to Jay Kerstens for the intro music.