和Emily一起练口语(附中英双语字幕)

【口语版】Stuck on Sb迷恋某人

01.28.2024 - By 英语主播EmilyPlay

Download our free app to listen on your phone

Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play

欢迎关注微信公众号:英语主播Emily在微信公众号里回复:节目即可获取节目句子跟读课程

A: I have never heard you mention this friend. Are you on very good terms with him or her?

我从没听你提过这个朋友,你和他/她关系很好吗?

B: We have been on good terms. She's a very nice girl, but she got in Dutch with her boss. I don't have the heart to see her pounding the pavements. 

我们关系很好。她是一个非常好的女孩,但是她总是跟她的老板过不去,我不忍心看她自毁前程。

A: You must be stuck on her, or you would not use your elbow grease.

你一定是迷恋着她,否则不会这么费力。

B: Well, we hit it off with each other. 

我们相处的很好。01on good terms with...与某人关系好I'm not on good terms with my boss.我和我老板不大合得来。Bill is on good terms with his coworkers.比尔和他的同事关系很好。Despite the divorce, the couple remains on good terms.尽管离婚了,这对夫妻仍然相处融洽。02get in Dutch with得罪某人

I don't want to get in Dutch with my boss.

我不想得罪我的老板。

offend

得罪;冒犯

I didn't mean to offend you.

我不是故意冒犯你的。03have the heart to do有勇气做某事;忍心做某事I didn't have the heart to break the news to her.我不忍心把这个坏消息告诉她。He didn't have the heart to turn down their request.他不忍心拒绝他们的要求。I didn't have the heart to break up with her.我不忍心和她分手。04pound the pavement为了找工作,促销产品或进行调查而在城市街上走来走去

After graduation, she spent days pounding the pavement, looking for her job.

毕业后,她花了很多天在街上走来走去,寻找工作。

The salesman pounded the pavement all morning, trying to sell his products.

销售员整个上午都在街上奔波,试图卖自己的产品。

05be stuck on sb迷恋某人

She is stuck on you and can't seem to move on.

她对你还有迷恋,似乎无法放下你。

06elbow grease刻苦努力;费力的工作

Success in this  business requires a lot of elbow grease.

在这个行业取得成功需要付出大量的刻苦努力。

It took a lot of elbow grease to clean the oven.

清洁烤箱需要很多辛苦的劳动。

07hit it off合得来

We hit it off straight away.

我们一见如故。

I really didn't hit it off with his friends.

我和他的朋友处不来。

Do you hit it off with your husband's mother?

你和你婆婆处得来吗?

More episodes from 和Emily一起练口语(附中英双语字幕)