The Audio PANCE and PANRE Board Review Podcast Episode 19
Welcome to episode 19 of the FREE Audio PANCE and PANRE Physician Assistant Board Review Podcast.
The Audio PANCE and PANRE is an audio board review series that includes 10 Multiple Choice PANCE and PANRE Board Review Questions in each episode.
I hope you enjoy this free audio component to the examination portion of this site. The full series is available to all members of the PANCE and PANRE Academy.
* You can download and listen to past FREE episodes here, on iTunes or Stitcher Radio.
* You can listen to the latest episode, download the transcript and take an interactive quiz of the questions below.
Use one of the social links below to unlock and download the FREE PDF Transcript of this podcast:
[sociallocker id=”10126″]Download the PDF for FREE here or on Scribd [/sociallocker]
Listen Carefully Then Take The Quiz
The Audio PANCE and PANRE Episode 17
1. A 12 month-old child with tetralogy of Fallot is most likely to have which of the following clinical features?
A. Chest pain
2. Intraarticular injection of hyaluronic acid has been approved for treatment of patients with which of the following conditions?
A. Rheumatoid arthritis of the knee
B. Osteoarthritis of the knee
C. Olecranon bursitis
D. Gouty arthritis
3. A 28 year-old female, who has experienced occasional painful migratory arthralgias, complains now of a tender, swollen, and hot left ankle. The joint was aspirated and the synovial fluid showed 55,000 WBCs, 75% polymorphonuclear lymphocytes, low glucose level, and no crystals. Which of the following would be the most likely diagnosis?
A. Rheumatoid arthritis
B. Septic arthritis
C. Gouty arthritis
4. A 25 year-old presents with pain in the proximal ulna after falling directly on the forearm. X-ray shows fracture of the proximal 1/3rd of the ulna. There is an associated anterior radial head dislocation. What is the proper name for this condition?
A. Galeazzi fracture
B. Monteggia fracture
C. Colles’ fracture
D. Smith fracture
5. A 20 year-old male presents with a mass in the groin. On examination with the patient standing, a mass is noted that extends into the scrotum. The patient denies any trauma. The most likely diagnosis is
A. an indirect inguinal hernia.
B. a direct inguinal hernia.
C. an obturator hernia.
D. a femoral hernia.
6. A patient with type 2 diabetes mellitus presents for a yearly eye exam. Ophthalmoscopic exam reveals neovascularization. Which of the following is the most likely complication related to this finding?
C. Vitreous hemorrhage
D. Optic neuritis
7. Which of the following oral hypoglycemic agents when used as monotherapy is most likely to cause hypoglycemia?
A. Glipizide (Glucotrol)
B. Metformin (Glucophage)
C. Pioglitazone (Actos)
D. Acarbose (Precose)