在对话中练习你的英语口语,每期一个重点单词/短语,让你的口语更地道!
... moreShare 英语对话|English Conversation
Share to email
Share to Facebook
Share to X
Example 1:
A: This week has flown by! Before you know it, the weekend will be here.
B: Can’t wait! I’m ready for some relaxation.
这一周过得好快!眨眼间周末就要到了。
太好了!我已经准备好放松一下了。
Example 2:
C: Start practicing now, and before you know it, you’ll be a pro at playing guitar.
D: That’s encouraging—I’ll give it my all!
现在开始练习,很快你就会成为吉他高手。
听着真有动力——我会全力以赴!
Example 1:
A: The uproar over low-quality sanitary pads is a reminder that women need to take a stand for better health protections.
B: Totally. When we stand together, change becomes possible.
Example 2:
C: This debate should push women to take a stand and demand stricter quality control.
D: Exactly. It’s time to prioritize women’s health and safety.
Example 1:
A: Those couples on that divorce reality show are brave, airing their dirty laundry on national TV.
那些参加离婚综艺的夫妻真是勇敢,把自己的隐私都曝光在全国观众面前。
B: True, but it’s refreshing to see such raw honesty about relationships.
是啊,不过看他们如此真实地探讨关系问题,也挺新鲜的。
Example 2:
C: Would you ever air your dirty laundry like they do on those shows?
你会像他们那样公开谈自己的私事、糗事吗?
D: Not a chance! But I admire their courage.
绝对不会!不过我很佩服他们的勇气。
Hey, dear audience. Welcome to "English Conversation," where I bring you authentic dialogues with a key phrase in each episode. Today’s phrase is “quite the character”, commonly used to describe someone with a unique, memorable, or eccentric personality. It’s perfect for discussing people who stand out for their quirks or charm. Listen as we explore its use in everyday conversations, helping you understand and use it seamlessly in your English vocabulary. Let's get started!
Example 1:
A: Have you met the new neighbor? He’s quite the character, always wearing mismatched socks and telling hilarious stories.
你见过新邻居吗?是个神人,总是穿着不搭的袜子,讲一些超搞笑的故事。
B: Oh, I have! He’s unforgettable for sure.
哦,我见过!绝对让人难忘。
Example 2:
C: That professor is quite the character. He started the lecture with a magic trick!
那位教授真是个性十足。他的课用魔术开场!
D: Sounds like someone who makes classes interesting.
听起来是个把课堂变有趣的人。
Example 1:
A: Have you seen Li Ziqi’s videos? They’re like a slice of life from the Chinese countryside.
你看过李子柒的视频吗?就像是来自中国乡村的生活切片。
B: Totally. Watching them makes me feel so calm and connected to nature.
完全同意。看她的视频让我感到平静、更贴近自然。
Example 2:
C: I love how her content gives you a slice of life you don’t usually see in modern media.
我喜欢她的内容,它展现了现代媒体中不常见的生活切面。
D: Same here. It’s refreshing to see something so authentic.
我也是。能看到这么真实的东西真是让人耳目一新。
Ex1
Lily: Theautumnal equinox reminds me of how life is a balancing act between work andrelaxation.
Chris:Exactly. Just like the day and night, we need to find our own balance.
莉莉:秋分让我想到生活就像在工作和休息之间的平衡行动。
克里斯:没错。就像白天和黑夜一样,我们也需要找到自己的平衡。
Ex2
Taylor: Lately,it’s been a balancing act managing my job and family.
Jordan: Iknow the feeling! The equinox is a good reminder to strive for harmony in bothareas.
泰勒:最近我一直在工作和家庭之间努力平衡。
乔丹:我懂!秋分提醒我们要在两者之间寻求和谐。
Example 1:
Amy:Did you hear about that internet celebrity who got caught selling fakeproducts?
你听说那个网红因为卖假货被抓了吗?
Tom:Yeah, it’s a total fall from grace. Everyone used to trust them, but now theirreputation is in ruins.
是啊,彻底塌房了。大家以前都很信任他们,现在他们的名声全毁了。
Example 2:
Ben:I can’tbelieve how quickly that famous actor's image collapsed.
简直不敢相信那个明星的形象崩得这么快。
Sarah:It’scrazy. One minute they're adored by millions, the next they’ve completely fallen from grace.
太扯了。前一秒他们还被百万粉丝追捧,下一秒就彻底塌房了。
Example 1:
Katie: Did you see the recent news about that big tech company facing privacyissues?
你看到最近关于那家大型科技公司隐私问题的新闻了吗?
Mark:Yeah, but I bet that's just the tip of the iceberg. I’m sure more details willcome out soon.
看到了,但我觉得那只是冰山一角。肯定还有更多细节会被揭露出来。
Example 2:
Josh:That rapper’s scandal is getting crazier by the day.
那个说唱歌手的丑闻一天比一天疯狂。
Lily:You know it’s only the tip of the iceberg. There's probably a lot more we don'tknow yet.
你知道那只是冰山一角。可能还有很多我们不知道的事情
Example 1
Sophie: The Olympic Games were so inspiring this year! Those athletes really gave it their all.
今年的奥运会好励志啊!运动员们都拼尽全力了。
Alex: I know, right? Watching them going the extra mile really motivates me to put more effort into my own goals.
就是说,看TA们不遗余力的样子让我更有劲去实现我的目标了。
Example 2:
Nina: Did you notice how the gold medalists were always the ones who seemed to go the extra mile?
你发现了嘛冠军都好拼啊
Leo: Yeah, it’s like they had that extra bit of determination that set them apart from the rest.
确实,感觉TA们好像比别人更有毅力和决心。
Up in the air - 悬而未决、不确定、未知
对话1
Emily: Have you heard anything about our project deadline?
关于咱们项目的截止日期,你有听说什么吗
James: Not really. Everything is still up in the air since the manager hasn’t made a decision yet.
没有,啥都没定呢,因为经理还在考虑
对话2The podcast currently has 12 episodes available.