Honey, we haven't had Japanese for so long!
亲爱的,我们好久没有吃日本菜了。
That's right. Do you want to split a sashimi platter with tuna, salmon, and sea urchin?
是呀,要不要来一个刺身拼盘,拼金枪鱼,三文鱼和海胆?
Sounds good. What about sushi?
好呀。那寿司呢?
Let's get a California roll. Love those!
我们点份加州卷吧,我超爱吃!
Sure. Do you want some udon or soba noodles?
好的,你想吃乌冬面还是荞麦面?
Let's go with cold soba.
我们点荞麦冷面吧。
Ok. Um, everything we've ordered so far is cold. Let's get some hot dishes.
可以,嗯,但是我们点的所有的东西都是冷食,我们点些热菜吧。
How about chicken teriyaki?
照烧鸡行吗?
Sure. Shall we also order some gyoza?
好的,要不再点一份煎饺吧?
I think that's too much food. Maybe just some miso soup.
我觉得太多了。要不再点个味增汤吧?
I'll pass on the miso and get chawanmushi instead.
我不要味增汤,我要鸡蛋茶碗蒸。
EXPANSION | 知识拓展
Some Japanese foods taste and look totally different in Japan and in the U.S.
一些日本菜的口味和外观在美国跟在日本本地完全不同。
Sushi vs. California Rolls
寿司 vs. 加利福尼亚卷
Sushi and California rolls are two different things. This is what authentic Sushi should look like. No cream cheese, no avocado and definitely nothing crunchy in or around it.
寿司和加利福尼亚卷是完全不同的两种东西。真正的寿司应该长这样。没有奶油奶酪,没有鳄梨酱,也没有脆脆的东西裹在外面。
It should just be rice and raw fish. Most of the time, Japanese Sushi chefs put wasabi between rice and the fish and dried seaweed around them to keep the rolls together.
寿司只有米和生鱼片。大多数时候日本寿司师傅会把芥末放在米饭和鱼之间,用海苔把它们卷在一起。
A California roll has rice on the outside and usually has other things like avocado, sauce, and sesame seeds on top.
加利福尼亚卷的米饭在外面通常还会配上其他东西像鳄梨酱等等,还会在上面撒上芝麻。
Matcha vs. Green tea Lattes
抹茶vs.绿茶拿铁
Matcha (抹茶) and green tea lattes are not the same thing. This is what matcha should look like. Needless to say, no milk added and definitely no whipped cream on top of the drink.
真正的抹茶是这个样子的。不需多说,不加牛奶,更没有奶泡覆盖在表面。
Real matcha tastes very bitter and even quite a few Japanese people can't stand the bitterness. So if your green tea tastes sweet, that is not an authentic Japanese drink at all.
真正的抹茶尝起来很苦,甚至有些日本人都忍受不了。如果你的绿茶甜甜的,那就肯定不是正宗的抹茶了。
BackGround Music:[青] 群青の猫と始まりの夏
Artists:まももP