481~485 复习
one step at a time 一步一步地,循序渐进地
There's a lot to learn, but don't worry, we'll take it one step at a time. 有很多东西要学,但别担心,我们会一步一步来。
go in one ear and out the other 左耳朵进右耳朵出,当作耳边风
If I have to listen to something I don't understand, it just goes in one ear and out the other. 要是非得让我听我不懂的事情,那也只是左耳朵进右耳朵出。
I've tried to advise her, but it goes in one ear and out the other. 我曾试着给她提建议,但被当做耳边风。
You can give her advice, but it just goes in one ear and out the other. 你可以给她提建议,但会被当做耳边风。
advise,动词,建议,s发/z/
advice,名词,建议,c发/s/
one in a million 百里挑一,非常难得
My assistant's one in a million. 我的助理是百里挑一。
You're one in a million! 你真是百里挑一!
This is a one-in-a-million opportunity for us. 这对我们来说是一次千载难逢的机会。
put two and two together 根据现有情况推断,综合判断
I just put two and two together. 我就根据现有情况推断出来的。
You weren't home so I put two and two together and went back to your office to find you. 你不在家,我就判断(你回办公室了),就回去办公室找你。
put two and two together and make five 乱下结论,捕风捉影,夸大其词,听风就是雨
have two left feet
left 左 <—> right 右
左脚 left foot 右脚 right foot(单数)
feet 脚的复数
有两只左脚 —>(跳舞、体育活动时)手脚不协调,笨手笨脚
请大家和我读三遍
have two left feet
It's no good asking me to dance – I've got two left feet!
请我跳舞没用/别请我跳舞,我手脚不协调!
it's no good + doing something 做……不好,做……没用,做……没有好处
ask (someone) to do (something) 请(某人)做(某事),让(某人)做(某事)
请大家和我读三遍
It's no good asking me to dance – I've got two left feet!