
Sign up to save your podcasts
Or


Send us Fan Mail
A four day solo sail from Picton in the South Island of New Zealand to The Great Barrier Island in the North Island of New Zealand. I get pushed along in a 50 knot Southerly Buster.
Three days of big seas, storm conditions and dodging ships in the middle of the night. My journy started in perfect calm conditions and thats what I had for the last 2 days. Becalmed, I motor the last day or about 36hrs of the journey.
Trying to find a sailmaker to repair my main and a super market to provision for the journey ahead.
I also have a nagging question. What country to sail to and where to leave from in New Zealand, and what is Whangarei.
Support the show
Website: www.trevwhitesailing.com
Sailing Blog: trevwhitesailing
Newsletter: The rumbo express
You Tube: My podcast and interview videos
Send us Fan Mail
Its now or never, I woke to the perfect day and the gods are smiling upon TinTin. Now I just need to workout how to get around the 20m motorcruiser blocking my exit and fuel up before I lose the tide.
Crew would be nice in this situation, trying to squeeze TinTin between superyachts and around expensive vessels by yourself is a real challenge, but no crew today or for the next couple of weeks.
Support the show
Website: www.trevwhitesailing.com
Sailing Blog: trevwhitesailing
Newsletter: The rumbo express
You Tube: My podcast and interview videos
Send us Fan Mail
Today is cold there is ice on the ground, the first signs of winter. I have just rebuild my large autopilot. The weather forecasts for a sail toTahitti are not great and have been terrible for the last 6 weeks. Picton has turned bitterly cold which makes living on a yacht less desirable, I don't do cold anymore.
Rianne my girlfriend has just left for Holland after we explored the South Island, so again solo, I have a small window to sail North on the back of a strong Southerly weather system, if I miss that window I may be trapped in Picton for the next couple of weeks. There is a massive storm building. Escape North and maybe wait for better weather in Opua, its also a little warmer 600nm to the North.
Support the show
Website: www.trevwhitesailing.com
Sailing Blog: trevwhitesailing
Newsletter: The rumbo express
You Tube: My podcast and interview videos
Send us Fan Mail
After sailing from Hobart in Australia, spending two weeks doing repairs and another month exploring the top of the South Island I find my self in Picton waiting for a weather window to sail the 4 weeks to Tahitti.
Winter closes in fast, and decisions need to be made.
Support the show
Website: www.trevwhitesailing.com
Sailing Blog: trevwhitesailing
Newsletter: The rumbo express
You Tube: My podcast and interview videos
From the publisher's feed
Experience the reality of solo and short-handed sailing on the big blue ocean, as well as some of the problems that can crush our cruising life.
Do you fear solo sailing? I know so…