本集Youtube有字幕喔!(This episode has subtitles on YouTube.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lye94iG1d-4
📃如果需要PDF文字檔或想知道更多關於每集的英語小知識,請追蹤:
🅸🅶:bear.bilingual
𝓕𝓑:Bear老師的中英雙語故事
💝贊助連結:https://pay.soundon.fm/podcasts/f2cb33e1-02d1-4fce-9e8e-68b636579fd0
英文繪本《我想長大》/An English Picture Book “I Want To Be Big”
Hello, this is Teacher Bear, 我是Bear老師。
Kids, do you often think, "I want to be big!"
小朋友,你是不是常常在想「我要長大!」
為什麼你想快點長大呢?
Why do you want to be big?
There was a little bird named Charlie who also wanted to be big. Let’s listen to why he wanted to be big.
有一隻小鳥Charlie也想長大,讓我們來聽聽為什麼他想長大。
An English Picture Book “I Want To Be Big”/英文繪本《我想長大》
Author/作者: Margo Linn
Illustrator/插畫家:Brian Fitzgerald
Translater/翻譯:Bear Weir
I want to be big.
我想長大。
Call me Charlie.
你可以叫我查理。
I can't see you.
我看不見你。
Can you see me?
你能看見我嗎?
I'm hiding behind some branches.
我躲在一些樹枝後面。
I'm hiding to keep myself safe.
我為了安全躲起來。
I want to be big.
我想長大。
I do not want to be small anymore.
我不想再小小的了。
If big is somewhere I'm going to find it.
哪裡可以長大我就去哪裡。
I'm flying. I'm flying to find big.
我正在飛。飛去能長大的地方。
I'm small. But I can fly higher than a peacock.
我很小。但我可以比孔雀飛得更高。
Do you know why a peacock is a big bird with small wings and I'm a small bird with big wings?
你知道為什麼孔雀是一隻有小翅膀的大鳥,而我是一隻小鳥卻有大翅膀嗎?
Charlie keeps flying.
查理繼續飛。
This is a big place for sure.
這裡真是一個大地方。
There's a big pond.
那裡有一個大池塘。
There are big rocks.
那裡有大石頭。
There are big trees. Lots of them.
那裡有大樹。好多樹啊!
I explore, I stay alert. I don't want to get into any trouble.
我探索,我保持警惕。我不想惹麻煩。
Hi, moose, I'm Charlie, I like your big antlers but they scare me.
你好,駝鹿,我是查理,我喜歡你的大鹿角,但它們讓我害怕。
Don't be scared, I don't hurt birds.
別怕,我不會傷害鳥。
You're so big
你多麼大啊!
How can I be as big as you?
我要怎麼做才能長得跟你一樣大?
(Moose:)Perch on my antlers.
(駝鹿:)上我的鹿角來。
I'm perching here, and I feel big.
我坐在鹿角上,感覺自己很大。
Wow!
哇!
But when moose starts to run, it's scary, so I fly off.
但是當駝鹿開始跑的時候,好可怕啊,所以我飛走了。
Whoa! I'm moving on, I touch down near a pond, I watch a big fish dive and jump.
喔!我繼續前行,在一個池塘邊降落,看到一條大魚潛水跳躍。
I shout:You're so big. How can I be as big as you?
我大叫:你好大。我要怎麼做才能長得跟你一樣大?
I'm a big fish in a little pond.
我是小池塘裡的一條大魚。
Splash!
啪!
Fish leaves with a splash.
魚兒撲通一聲遊走了。
Whoa! Most of the water rolls off my wings. I'm able to fly away. Lucky me!
喔!大部分水都從我的翅膀上滾落下去,我還能飛走。算我幸運。
I land in a tree and find myself face to face with a woolly lamb.
我降落在一棵樹上,發現自己面對的是一隻毛茸茸的小羊。
How can I be big?
我怎麼做才能長大?
No answer from the lamb.
小羊沒有回答。
How can I be big? As big as you?
我要怎麼做才能長大?像你一樣大?
The lamb asks : “Why do you want to be big?”
小羊問:“你為什麼想長大?”
I don't really know why I want to be big.
我也不太清楚為什麼我想要長大。
I just know it.
但我就是知道。
I know I'm tired of being small.
我知道我厭倦了小小的。
I know I'm tired of being scared, and tired of wanting to be like someone else.
我知道我厭倦了害怕,也厭倦了想要跟別人一樣。
I hear a growly voice, am I about to be chased or eaten?
我聽到一聲咆哮,我是不是要被追趕或被吃掉了?
(Dog:) Don't be scared, I won't hurt you, how can I help you?
(狗:)別怕,我不會傷害你,我能幫你什麼?
You're so big and I'm so small. I really want to be big.
你這麼大,我卻這麼小。我真想長大。
(Dog:) I have an idea.
(狗:)我有一個主意。
I'm listening.
我聽著呢。
(Dog:) Fly up up up into the sky. Fly as high as you can then look down.
(狗:)飛飛飛飛上天空,飛到你能飛到的最高處,然後往下看。
That's scary. It will not be easy.
這太可怕了。不容易啊。
(Dog:) If you want to be big, it's the best way.
(狗:)如果你想長大,這是最好的方法。
Okay, I'll try.
好吧,我會試試。
(Dog:)Sit on my head for take off. I'll give you a running start.
(狗:)坐在我的頭上準備起飛吧。我來幫你助跑。
(Dog:)Off you go! Goodbye! Have a good flight.
(狗:) 起飛啦!再見!祝你飛得順利。
I'm flying. I'm flying higher and higher.
我正在飛。我飛得越來越高。
I am looking up, not down.
可是我正向上看,而不是向下看。
Now, I am ready, Ready to look down.
現在,我準備好了,準備好往下看了。
I'm looking down.
我正往下看。
Moose is small. Fish is small. I am big, bigger than everyone.
駝鹿很小。魚很小。我很大,我比大家都大。
Dog is small. Lamb is small. Everything is small.
狗很小。小羊很小。一切都很小。
Wow! I am Charlie. A small bird.
哇!我是查理。我是一隻小小鳥。
And I just felt like the biggest creature in the whole world.
但我感覺自己是世界上最大的生物。
Awesome!
太棒了!
Kids, do you think Charlie’s method is good?
小朋友,你覺得Charlie的辦法好不好呢?
But if you can't fly high, how can you be big quickly?
可是,你不能飛高高,你怎麼馬上長大呢?
I can teach you the best way - which is to watch more, listen more, read more, and learn more. You will find that even though your body has not been big yet, you can see farther, you are braver, and have a clearer understanding of your direction.
Bear老師教你一個最棒的辦法,那就是多看、多聽、多閱讀、多學習,你將發現,即使你的身體還沒長大,卻更勇敢,看得更遠,更清楚自己的方向了。
That's because the more you know, the better you are able to handle things, and of course the more powerful and bigger you become.
那是因為,當你知道得越多,你處理事情的能力就越好,當然就更有力量,更強大了。
“Knowledge is power.”意思是「知識就是力量」。請跟Bear老師再說一次。
“Knowledge is power.”
Kids, learning more will help you see farther and make you bigger and more powerful!
小朋友,多學習,讓你看得更遠,讓你更有力量更強大!
See you next time!
我們下次見嘍!
----以下訊息由 SoundOn 動態廣告贊助商提供----
紐西蘭昆士蘭,一出發就快樂!
大堡礁浮潛、摩頓島海豚互動,沉浸純淨大自然;
夜遊皇后碼頭,購物美食一站滿足,一次旅程,精彩滿載!
https://sofm.pse.is/7dj2kx
--
MITSUI OUTLET PARK 林口 激安買物祭 3/28(五)-4/13(日)
⭐lululemon全台首家OUTLET就在林口
⭐雙會員首十日滿3仟贈3佰
⭐滿額抽萬元鐵道旅遊贊助金
⭐永豐聯名卡友最高贈刷卡金5,500元
⭐韓國美食慶典,等你來嚐鮮!
活動詳情:https://sofm.pse.is/7dj2kz
--
Hosting provided by SoundOn