
Sign up to save your podcasts
Or


Watch Carol and Tim LIVE every day on YouTube: http://bit.ly/3vTiACF.
Iran fired missiles at a US air base in Qatar after promising it would respond “proportionately and decisively” to President Donald Trump’s weekend airstrikes on three of its nuclear facilities.
There were no reported casualties in the attack on Al Udeid base — the biggest such US facility in the Middle East — amid signs Iran gave advance notice of the strike plan. Qatar said the missile barrage was intercepted and the base had been evacuated in advance. Oil plunged on relief that Tehran’s limited response didn’t target energy supplies. The salvo marks another widening in the conflict that began 10 days ago when Israel attacked Iran, targeting nuclear and missile installations and military leaders. Iran has responded with several days of missile strikes on Israel, and the war threatened to escalate after the US joined the campaign with a bunker-buster bombing raid.
Iran’s move “looks like a largely symbolic retaliation,” saud Ziad Daoud, Bloomberg Economics’ chief emerging-market economist. “Plenty of warning was given — Qatar shut its airspace and the US issued warnings to citizens.”
Trump said the nuclear sites struck by the US were totally destroyed, and vowed to meet any Iranian retaliation with force “far greater” than those weekend strikes. He also hinted at the possibility of “regime change” in Iran, though US officials stressed that isn’t their aim. Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth said the strikes had the “limited” objective of eliminating Iran’s atomic program. Officials have said it’s too early to definitely assess damage.
There was no immediate indication of how the US will respond to Monday’s Iranian missile launch. The administration was anticipating that Iran would retaliate, and doesn’t want more military engagement in the region, CNN cited a senior White House official as saying.
The attack included at least six missiles fired toward Al Udeid — the regional headquarters for US Central Command, which oversees the American military in the region, and home to several thousand US service-members — according to a person familiar with the matter.
Today's show features:
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
By Bloomberg3.7
376376 ratings
Watch Carol and Tim LIVE every day on YouTube: http://bit.ly/3vTiACF.
Iran fired missiles at a US air base in Qatar after promising it would respond “proportionately and decisively” to President Donald Trump’s weekend airstrikes on three of its nuclear facilities.
There were no reported casualties in the attack on Al Udeid base — the biggest such US facility in the Middle East — amid signs Iran gave advance notice of the strike plan. Qatar said the missile barrage was intercepted and the base had been evacuated in advance. Oil plunged on relief that Tehran’s limited response didn’t target energy supplies. The salvo marks another widening in the conflict that began 10 days ago when Israel attacked Iran, targeting nuclear and missile installations and military leaders. Iran has responded with several days of missile strikes on Israel, and the war threatened to escalate after the US joined the campaign with a bunker-buster bombing raid.
Iran’s move “looks like a largely symbolic retaliation,” saud Ziad Daoud, Bloomberg Economics’ chief emerging-market economist. “Plenty of warning was given — Qatar shut its airspace and the US issued warnings to citizens.”
Trump said the nuclear sites struck by the US were totally destroyed, and vowed to meet any Iranian retaliation with force “far greater” than those weekend strikes. He also hinted at the possibility of “regime change” in Iran, though US officials stressed that isn’t their aim. Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth said the strikes had the “limited” objective of eliminating Iran’s atomic program. Officials have said it’s too early to definitely assess damage.
There was no immediate indication of how the US will respond to Monday’s Iranian missile launch. The administration was anticipating that Iran would retaliate, and doesn’t want more military engagement in the region, CNN cited a senior White House official as saying.
The attack included at least six missiles fired toward Al Udeid — the regional headquarters for US Central Command, which oversees the American military in the region, and home to several thousand US service-members — according to a person familiar with the matter.
Today's show features:
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.

1,724 Listeners

982 Listeners

410 Listeners

1,182 Listeners

2,189 Listeners

971 Listeners

687 Listeners

195 Listeners

1,040 Listeners

1,315 Listeners

65 Listeners

30 Listeners

63 Listeners

4 Listeners

58 Listeners

233 Listeners

229 Listeners

64 Listeners

85 Listeners

86 Listeners

77 Listeners

81 Listeners

406 Listeners

8 Listeners

21 Listeners

12 Listeners

7 Listeners

2 Listeners

117 Listeners

24 Listeners