《双语品格小故事》是由长颈鹿美语专业的中外教团队精心打造的高品质亲子教育栏目,精选性格教育、情商培养、情绪管理、科普启蒙等品格小故事,帮孩子打造受益终身的品格力,培养领袖特质,同步提升英语力!
想要让宝贝习得更多品格力与英语力,请继续关注小鹿哦。
中英对照:
I’m Cat.
我是一只猫咪。
What is my favorite color?
我最喜欢的颜色是什么呢?
Is it Green?
是绿色吗?
Green is the grass where I like to walk.
绿色是我喜欢走过的草地。
Is it Pink?
是粉色吗?
Pink are the petals of my favorite flowers.
粉色是我最喜欢的花瓣。
Is it Black?
是黑色吗?
Black is the night when bats swoop and soar.
黑色是有蝙蝠飞扑而过的黑夜。
Is it Red?
是红色吗?
Red is the rug where I snooze by the fire.
红色是我在炉火旁打盹儿时趴着的地毯。
Is it Yellow?
是黄色吗?
Yellow is the sand on the sunny beach.
黄色是大海边阳光照耀下的沙滩。
Is it Purple?
是紫色吗?
Purple is the yarn I tangle in my claws.
紫色是会缠住我的爪子的毛线团。
Is it Brown?
是棕色吗?
Brown is the earth where I dig my holes.
棕色我挖洞洞时候的土壤。
Is it Blue?
是蓝色吗?
Blue is the sky where I chase the birds.
蓝色是我追逐小鸟时的天空。
Is it White?
是白色吗?
White are the clouds floating in the sky.
白色是在天空中飘浮的白云。
Is it Orange?
是橙色吗?
Yes! Because…
就是它!因为……
Orange is the color of my mother.
橙色是我妈妈身上的颜色。
小故事·大启示:
妈妈,是这个世界上最爱我们的人,我们要学会感恩,经常对妈妈说“我爱你,你辛苦了”。
学会爱的话语,去温暖爱着我们的人。
中英对照:
You are small.
你很小。
I am not small. You are big.
我可不小,是你块头大。
I am not big. See?
我可不大,明白吗?
They are just like me. You are small.
他们都和我一样,是你长得小。
I am not small. See? They are just like me. You are big.
我可不小,明白吗?他们都和我一样,是你块头大。
You are all small!
你们都是小个子!
You are all big!
你们块头都很大!
Small!
小个子!
Big!
大块头!
Small!
小!
Big!
大!
BOOM!
轰隆!
See? I am not small.
明白了吗?我可不小。
See? I am not big.
明白了吗?我个头也不大。
No, you are not big. You are big and you are small.
不,你块头不大。你的块头既大又小。
And you are not small. You are small and you are big.
你也不小。你又小又大。
I am hungry. Let's eat.
我饿了。我们去吃饭吧。
You are hairy.
你的毛很多。
小故事·大启示:
正确的沟通是以尊重为前提,以合作为目的的。
要学会从对方的视角看问题,不要被情绪所控制,大家一起做才能做的更好。
中英对照:
A little girl was watching her mother cook.
有一个小女孩,在看她妈妈做菜。
She asked her mother," Why is it that whenever you fry fish, you always cut off the head and the tail first and fry them separately?"
她问她妈妈:“为什麽你每次煎鱼,一定要把鱼头跟鱼尾先切掉另外煎?”
The mother was surprised at the little girl's question and she said, "I don't know. I guess it's because when I was small, I watched your grandmother do it that way."
妈妈很惊讶地说:“我不知道,很可能是因为我从小都是看你外婆这样做。”
The little girl's question caused the mother to call her own mother and ask her why she always cut off the head and tail of the fish.
然後小女孩的这个问题,刺激她妈妈打一通电话给她自己的母亲。她问她:“为什麼一定要把鱼头跟鱼尾先切掉?”
And she discovered that there was no other reason except that her mother's frying pan was too small. It wouldn't hold the entire fish.
结果她发现,没有别的原因,只因为她妈妈以前用的锅太小,放不下一整条鱼。
小故事·大启示:
我们做事情,常常是因为习惯了。
偶尔我们应该停下来,检讨一下我们做事的动机。
这样子我们可以重新弄清楚方向,而且很可能会发现,为了达成目标,有更有效的方法。
中英对照:
There was a certain king who wanted to choose a successor from his three exceptional sons.
有一个国王他有三个优秀的儿子,他要从这三个王子中选择一个接任他的王位。
So one day he called them all together, and he gave them each the same amount of money and told them that before nightfall,he wanted each of them to go buy something that would fill an entire room.
所以,有一天他把三个儿子都叫来,给每个儿子同样的一笔钱,叫他们天黑之前要去买一些东西,来装满整个房间。
The oldest son thought for a long time and he used his money to buy sugarcane leaves. But the sugarcane leaves only filled half the room.
第一个儿子想了老半天,然后用他的钱去买了甘蔗叶。不过这些甘蔗叶只装满房间的一半。
The second son used his money to buy hay which was cheaper,but the hay only filled two thirds of the room.
第二个儿子去买了更便宜的东西——稻草,不过稻草只把房间装满三分之二。
The third son was the last to return, and he seemed to be empty handed.
最后回来的就是老三,而且好像是空手回来了。
They asked him what he had bought.
他们问他买了什么东西。
He said, "I met an orphan on the road selling candles. I gave most of my money to her and bought a few candles."
他说他在路上遇到一个卖蜡烛的小孤儿,他把大部分的钱给了这个孤儿,只拿回来几根蜡烛。
But when he lit these few candles, the wholeroom was filled with light.
不过当他点燃这些蜡烛后,蜡烛所发出来的光芒照亮了整个房间。
小故事·大启示:
我们每一次帮助别人,得到最大收获的就是我们自己。
行善不是为了得到报酬,不过善果常常会绕一个大圈子回到我们自己身上。
中英对照:
There was once a turtle who was very jealous of the eagle's ability to fly high in the sky.
有一只乌龟非常羡慕老鹰,能够在天空自由地飞翔。
and So he asked the eagle, "Would you take me with you to fly up into the sky?"
所以,有一天它问老鹰: “你可不可以带我一起飞上天?”
The eagle agreed and the eagle told the turtle, "You'll have to use your mouth to hold tightly to my feet and don't open your mouth."
老鹰答应了,它说:“你只要用你的嘴巴,紧紧地咬住我的脚,绝对不要开口。”
Then the eagle took the turtle up into the sky, and they flew happily back and forth.
然后老鹰把乌龟带上天空,飞得好开心。
All the animals of the forest were filled with admiration for the turtle.
下面所有的动物都很羡慕、很佩服。
And the turtle heard one of them ask,"I wonder who was so smart as to think of that idea."
乌龟听到有人说:“不晓得是谁这么聪明,想出这个办法?”
The turtle was anxious to tell them that it was he who thought of that idea. As soon as he opened his mouth to speak, he plunged to the ground.
乌龟很想告诉大家,办法是它想出来的,因此它开口说话。它一开口,就从高空中摔了下来。
小故事·大启示:
当我们太得意的时候,我们经常忘记自己是谁,忘记我们有弱点。
骄傲可以使我们失败。
成功的阶梯,是用谦虚铺设出来的。
中英对照:
A rich man once invited a new cook to cook for himself in his household.
有一位富翁,新请了一个很有名的厨师替他做菜。
This cook was very good and very famous.
这个厨师技术非凡。
His most famous dish was his beef stew.
他最拿手的一道菜就是罗宋汤。
When the rich man had finished a big bowl of this beef stew, he found it very delicious and he asked the cook.
富翁喝完一大碗罗宋汤之后,觉得非常好吃。他问厨师说:
"How did you make this? Do you have some special recipe?"
“这道菜是怎么做的?你有什么特别的秘方?”
The cook was very pleased, but he said.
厨师听了很高兴,他说:
"The beef is very ordinary.The pepper is nothing special.
“牛肉是很普通的;胡椒也是没有什么特别的;
As for the onions, we can buy them anywhere in the market.
洋葱在市面上就可以买到。
But when I put myself into it, the result is very special."
不过,因为汤有了我的用心及专注所烹煮出来的,这是汤好喝的原因。”
小故事·大启示:
你是不是尽全力做每件事呢?
如果你百分之百投入你的工作,你会发现时间过得很快,而且效果会非常好。
中英对照:
There was a man who had recently become very rich. He would visit a master to see how he could improve his life.
有一位暴发户去见一位大师,想跟他学习一些修身养性的方法。
As soon as he saw the Master, he began to talk and talk, and talk about himself.
他一见到大师就开始滔滔不绝地说话。
The Master didn't say one word.
大师一句话都不讲。
He just poured the man a cup of tea.And when the teacup was full, the Master kept pouring.
大师替这个人倒一杯茶,茶杯已满了,大师却继续倒水。
The man was very surprised and said,"Master, the teacup is full. Why are you pouring?"
那个人很惊讶,他说:“大师,茶杯已经满了,你为什么继续倒呢?”
The Master said, "You are like this teacup. You are so full of yourself. Unless you empty yourself, how do you expect to absorb wisdom?"
大师说:“你很像这个茶杯,完全充满了自我。除非你倒空自己,否则你如何吸收智慧?”
小故事.大启示:
你会不会有一点像这个茶杯,自我膨胀,不容易接受别人的建议。
有时候我们需要把自己的看法放在一边,用很虚心的态度来向别人学习,你会发现大师就在你的眼前。
中英对照:
Once a famous pianist, after a brilliant performance,was being interviewed by a reporter.
有一个很有名的钢琴演奏家,在一次很精彩的演出之后,被记者访问。
The reporter asked the pianist, "Your technique is just perfect. Do you still have to practice the piano every day?"
记者问他:“大师,你的技巧如此地精湛,你还需要每天练琴吗?”
The pianist answered, "If I don't practice for one day, my fingers feel stiff.
演奏家回答说:“如果我一天不练琴,我会感觉到手指很硬、很生涩;
If I don't practice for three days, my friends will know the difference.
如果我三天不练琴,我的朋友都会知道;
And if I don't practice for one week, my entire audience will be able to hear the difference."
如果我一个礼拜不练琴,我所有的听众都会听得出来。”
小故事·大启示:
成功绝对不是偶然的。
我们永远不会知道,别人为了成功,要付出多少代价。
不过有一件事情,我们可以确定。成功是慢慢的,一步一步来的,而且少不了辛苦和努力。
中英对照:
There was an old man who carried a small bottle of oil with him wherever he went.
有一个老人,不论他去哪里,身边总是带着一小瓶油。
If he happened to pass a door and he heard a squeaking sound, he would pour a little oil on the hinges of the door.
如果他经过一扇门,听到这种轧轧的声音,他会加一点油在这个门的铰链上。
Or if he passed the door that was hard to open, he would put a little oil on the door frame.
或是如果他经过一扇门,发现很难开,他会涂一点油在这个门的门闩上。
This man went about putting oil on all kinds of things.
他这样子不断地、默默地做他加油的工作。
And by doing so, he provided a great service for a lot of people and eliminated a lot of irritating noises.
因此很多人因为他的举动,而得到了很大的方便,他也减少了很多令人不舒服的噪音。
小故事·大启示:
最重要的,不是做大事情,而是做我们能做的。
从我们的心来做,而且要做的完美。
这样,我们便会让这个世界变得更加美好温馨。
中英对照:
A manager entered his office and heard a strange high pitch sound.
有一个经理,才刚进办公室就听到一个很奇怪的、尖锐的声音。
Before he even put down his briefcase, he rushed around to each department, trying to find out where that sound was coming from.
他连手上的公事包都没有放下,马上就开始跑到每一个部门,想找出这个难听的声音来源在哪里。
He wanted to know who was responsible for that terrible sound,And he was determined that he was going to scold him when he found out.
他也准备把这个制造噪音的家伙好好地骂一顿。
But no matter where he went, he heard the sound but he couldn't discover its source.
不过,无论他去哪里,还是听到这个声音,找不到它的来源。
Finally he gave up, and he went back to his office.
到最后他投降了,回到他的办公室。
He put his briefcase on his table and suddenly realized that the sound was coming from the pager inside his own briefcase, reminding him that the battery was getting low.
把公事包放在桌子上,那个时候才发现,声音就是从他的公事包里面的呼叫器发出的,提醒他电池快用完了。
He'd been so anxious to scold someone else. He had forgotten to take a good look at himself.
他那么急着要去骂别人,却忽略了好好看看他自己。
小故事·大启示:
我们责怪别人之前,最好先自我反省。
很可能别人做错的原因,就是因为误会或是交代不清楚。也很可能我们会发现,有比责怪别人更好的办法来达到目标。
The podcast currently has 18 episodes available.