英文字幕提取:
A large part of our confusion and pain and struggles in our 20s
我们20多岁时的大部分困惑 痛苦和挣扎
come from the gap between agricultural society and modern society.
都源于农耕社会与现代社会的鸿沟
Because we entered the modern society just a few decades ago,
因为我们进入现代社会才短短几十年
which is not long ago.
不算很久
Before we entered the modern society,
在进入现代社会之前
our society repeated itself.
我们的社会是循环往复的
Every season you would grow the same crops, same foods.
每个季节种植同样的作物 同样的粮食
Your parents experiences could be copied to you
父母的经验可以直接套用在你身上
and your grandparents had a life basically similar to yours.
祖辈的生活也与你大同小异
That society was full of certainty
那个社会充满确定性
but definitely lacked social mobility.
但显然缺乏社会流动性
It was pretty hard for a peasant
对佃农来说
to accumulate wealth and become a small landlord
要积累财富成为小地主
and then become a huge landlord.
再变成大地主是相当困难的
But a major feature of modern society is fluidity
但现代社会的一大特征就是流动性
It's a concept put forward by some sociologists.
这是社会学家提出的概念
Basically it means that we have many more options.
简单来说就是我们有更多选择
Our identity is changeable.
我们的身份是可变的
We can change our life trajectiories several times
我们可以多次改变人生轨迹
We can accumulate wealth instantly.
可以快速积累财富
We can also lose our wealth rapidly.
也可能瞬间失去财富
We can find different jobs, different professions,
能找到不同的工作 职业
and different life paths.
和不同的人生道路
But at the same time, it creates confusion.
但与此同时 这也会让人感到困惑
When people say I don't have options,
当人们说我没有选择时
it actually means you have too many options.
实际上意味着你的选择太多了
Some psychologists found that
心理学家发现
when you have too many options in front of you,
当你面前的选择太多时
your brain stops working
大脑就会停止运作
because it's hard for you to select the best one.
因为你很难选出最佳选项
Your brain struggles with analyzing,
大脑在分析比较时陷入挣扎
comparing this to that
反复权衡各种选择
and your brain doesn't work.
结果反而无法思考决策
The optimal number of choices is actually between three to five.
最理想的选择数量其实是3到5个
One major reason behind your inaction
你迟迟不采取行动的主要原因
might be having too many options.
可能就是选项太多
You could be a doctor. You could be a lawyer.
你可以当医生 也可以当律师
You could be a police officer.
你可以当警察
You could be president.
你甚至可以当总统
So you can be anything you want.
所以你能成为任何你想成为的人
So who am I? What do I want to do?
那么我是谁 我想做什么
Which one is the best for me?
哪个选择最适合我
The harsh truth is that the more options you have,
残酷的现实是 你拥有的选择越多
the more uncertainty you will face.
面临的不确定性就越大
This is a dilemma faced by a lot of young people in modern society,
这是现代社会很多年轻人面临的困境
especially in post-capitalist society.
尤其是在后资本主义社会
The market offers you a tremendous amount of opportunities
市场为你提供了海量机会
At the same time you don't know who you are.
但同时你却不知道自己是谁
So I think a great way to make better decisions
我认为做出更好决策的好方法
is to look at your life from a long-term perspective.
是从长远角度审视你的人生
Just imagine you are 80 years old
想象一下你已80岁高龄
and you are lying on your deathbed
正躺在临终的病榻上
and think about
回顾着
what you have been through in your life.
这一生所经历的一切
So ask yourself, what kind of regrets do I have?
问问自己 我有什么遗憾
If I'm gonna live again,
如果重活一次
which regret I'm going to get rid of?
我会消除哪个遗憾
There was a palliative nurse living in australia.
澳大利亚有位临终关怀护士
She basically takes care of people who are dying,
专门照顾临终病人
and then she asks those patients:
她曾询问那些患者
What is your biggest regret in your life?
你此生最大的遗憾是什么
So here is the most common regret.
以下是最常见的遗憾
I wish I had the courage to live a life true to myself.
我多希望当初有勇气活出真正的自己
So for a lot of people, they live their whole life
很多人终其一生
by molding and changing your expectations
都在不断调整改变自己的期望值
and fitting into the models set by society or people around them.
只为迎合社会或他人设定的标准
So for those of you who are watching this video,
所以正在看视频的你
I really want you to know
请一定要记住
that the biggest treasure we have as young people is time.
年轻人最宝贵的财富就是时间
You still have time to figure your life out.
你还有时间去探索人生
You still have time to find your life direction,
你还有机会找到人生方向
find your passions, and pursue your dreams.
找到你的热爱 追逐你的梦想
For all of us, the endpoint of our life or destination is the same.
对我们所有人来说 生命的终点或归宿都是相同的
We will die someday.
终有一天我们会死去
We will disappear from this world.
我们会从这个世界消失
But the journey matters.
但过程才最重要
So don't be afraid of stepping up and taking actions
所以不要害怕迈出脚步采取行动
because you only live once.
因为你只活一次
Create a life you want.
去创造你想要的人生