在外旅行,碰到突发事件,需要练习英语口语的机会太多了,这个时候同学常会反应书到 用时方恨少。
这次我碰到在美国的班机延误,行李没有赶上转机飞机而延迟的事情。人到了,东西还没 有到,这两年大家问我住哪里,我都是说,I live out of my suitcases. (我住在我的行李箱 里。= 我到处旅行)
所以行李还没有到,忽然感觉很失落。(已经第四天还是没有行李的消息) 下次要换个说法了。Home is where heart is. (家就是心所在的地方。) 但是打起精神啰,这时得找到可以申报遗失行李(lost luggage)的地方!
遗失行李申报四部曲
1. 首先你要说:
I'd like to report a lost luggage. 我要申报一个遗失行李
or
My luggage is missing/delayed. 我的行李遗失/延误了。
2. 接下来工作人员会问你:
航班号(flight number)、姓名(name)
(这时如果你有登机牌和行李标签直接给他们就行了)
3. 然后可能会问你更多的相关资讯
你的住宿的时间长短(How long are you staying?)、在家/住宿的住址(Home address/Hotel address)、电话(phone number)、和邮件地址(Email)。 或需要你填写表格(fill out the form)、描述你行李的样子(describe how your suitcase look like) 多大啦(size)、颜色啦(color)、品牌(brand)
4. 最后会给你一个案件号码(file number),剩下的只有祈祷
啦!这里有一个模拟对话,希望可以帮助到大家。
A = passenger 乘客
B = agent 客服员
A: Excuse me Miss, I didn't find my luggage in the baggage claim.
小姐不好意思. 我没在转盘上找到我的行李
B: Really? Can you give me your flight number please?
真的吗? 麻烦你给我你的班机号码好吗?
A: Yes. It's AA 319.
好的. 班机是 AA319
B: From Boston right?
从波士顿来的吧?
A: Yeah. The one just arrived.
对啊。刚刚才降落的那班。
B: That's strange. I think all the luggage were out already.
那奇怪了,所有的行李应该都出来了呢。
A: That's exact the problem. I can't find mine.
那就是问题的所在啊。 我找不到我的。
B: Give me a second please, I will go double check.
请等我一下,我去确定一下。
A: I'll be here.
我会在这裡等。
B: Sorry for the wait. Yeah, everything was out. How many bags did you check in, by the way?
抱歉久等了。对啊,每样都出来了,你寄了几件行李呢?
A: I checked in two.
我寄了两件。
B: Then... you are missing two of them???
那你是两个都不见了嘛?
A: No. Just one, but that one is really important.
不。只有一个,但那一个非常重要。
B: I fully understand the seriousness of this issue. Can you describe the one you were missing?
我完全了解这是一个很严重的事情。你可以形容一下那个行李嘛?
A: It's about 2'x 3'. All black and has wheels.
I also has a tag with my name and address on it.
大概 2 呎 x 3 呎全黑的有轮子。我还有写我的名子和地址在标籤上面。
B: Mmm... okay. Can you please fill out this form for me please.
嗯,好的。可以请你帮我填这份表吗?
A: Sure...
当然...
B: How long will you be staying in New York?
你会在纽约待多久呢?
A: About three days, I am here for a conference.
大概三天吧。我是来开会的。
B: In this case, would you like us to send it to the hotel you are staying in when we find your luggage? 这样的话,你会希望我们找到你的行李后送到您住的旅馆吗?
A: That'd be great! How long do you think it would take? Or how long does it actually take?
那太好了. 你认为大概要多久呢? 或是一般来说大概要多久?
B: it's case by case. i can't really guarantee anything at this point.
这要看情况. 现在我也没办法保证呢。
A: Oh god. I hope no one took it accidentally.
天啊。我希望不会是有人误拿了…
B: We will try our best to look for it.
我们会尽力来找的
A: Okay then... thanks...
好吧... 多谢了。
B: I'm sorry about that, is there anything i can help you with?
真的很不好意思还有能为您服务的地方吗?
A: No. Just this one.
没了就这件事..
要怎么样让行李遗失的损失减到最轻呢?
1. Pack light 不要打包太多东西
2. Take everything you can't live without with you 重要的东西带身上
3. Buy luggage insurance 买行李保险