为你读英语美文

《大自然在说话》合集一


Listen Later

【点击微信右上角+号---添加朋友---公众号---搜索“为你读英语美文”---关注后查看原文,垫乐,参加互动,活动】


 


【第205期】《大自然在说话》系列合集一




去年5月,主播Sally在为你读英语美文主播微信群分享了《大自然在说话》系列的视频,并且提议做成节目。




于是,我们找到了《大自然在说话》系列的所有文本,并且由13位主播分别演绎了12个角色。这个系列节目持续了一年,我们完成了所有角色。




我们把所有音频整理成为了两个合集,今天要和大家分享的是合集1:由Sally, 永清,熊叔,筱思,尚尚,黄茜分别为水,雨林,海洋,花,珊瑚,大自然母亲发声。




希望通过我们的声音,让大家倾听大自然的所知所见,更重要的是,倾听大自然给予大家的建议,让我们一起携手保护自然。




Water






I am water. To humans I am simply justthere.


我是水。对于人类来说我司空见惯。


I'm something they just take for granted.


我对他们只是理所当然的东西。


But there is only so much of me. And moreand more of them every single day.


但是我是非常有限的,而人类的数量却每天都在增长。


I start as rain in the mountains flow tothe rivers and streams. And end up in the ocean.


我化身为雨水落入山中,流进小溪与河流并最终汇入海洋。


Then the cycle begins again.


然后循环再次开始。


And it will take me 10,000 years to getback to the state I am in now.


要回到我现在的状态需要一万年。


But to humans? I'm just water. Just there.


然而对于人类来说,我只是水,理所当然就在那里。


Where will humans find me when there arebillions more of them around?


如果人口再增加几十亿,人类还能找到我吗?


Where will they find themselves?


他们自己又将如何生存?


Will they wage wars over me?


他们会为了我而发动战争吗?


Like they do over everything else?


就像他们为了其他事而做的那样?


That's always an option. But it's not theonly option.


那倒是一种选择,但并非唯一的选择。


 


Rainforest


雨林




I am the rainforest.


我是雨林。


I watched them grow up here.


我看着他们在这里成长。


They've left. But they always come back.


他们离开了。但他们总是会回来。


Yes, they always come back.


是的,他们总会回来的。


For my trees, their wood.


为了获取我的树木,作为木材。


My plants, their medicines.


为了采集我的植物,充当药材。


For my beauty, their escape.


我的美丽是他们的世外桃源。


I've always been there and I have been morethan generous.


我有求必应。我慷慨大方。


Sometimes I gave it all to them. Now goneforever.


有时候,我付出了全部。现在一切不复返。


But humans, they're so smart. So smart.


但人类啊,他们真的很聪明,真的很聪明。


Such big brains and opposable thumbs.


这么智慧的大脑,灵巧的双手。


They know how to make things. Amazingthings.


他们善于创造,了不起的创造。


Now, why would they need an old forest likeme anymore?


现在,他们还需要我这片古老的森林做什么呢?


Jungles? Trees? Well, they do breathe air.


需要我的丛林还是树木?对了,他们总得呼吸吧。


And I make air.


而我制造了氧气。


Have they thought about that?


他们意识到这件事了吗?


Humans, so smart. They'll figure it out.


人类,这么聪明。他们会想出办法的。


Humans making air. That'll be fun to watch.


人类制造氧气。那可太有意思了。




 




Ocean


海洋




I am the ocean. I'm water. I'm most of thisplanet. I shaped it.


我是海洋,我是水,我覆盖了大部分地球。我创造了它。


Every stream, every cloud, and everyraindrop. It all comes back to me.


每一条河,每一朵云,每一滴雨,都将回到我的怀抱。


One way or another, every living thing hereneeds me.


不管怎样,地球上所有的生物都需要我。


I'm the source. I'm what they crawled outof.


我是源头,所有的生命都来自于我。


Humans? They're no different.


人类?他们没有什么不同。


I don't owe them a thing.


我不欠他们。


I give. They take. But I can always takeback.


我付出,他们索取。但是我可以随时收回。


That's just the way it's always been.


人们一直都是这样做。


It's not their planet anyway. Never was.Never will be.


毕竟这不是你们的星球,以前不是,以后也不是。


But humans, they take more than theirshare.


但人类,他们贪得无厌。


They poison me, then they expect me to feedthem.


他们毒死我,竟然还想让我继续养活他们。


Well it doesn't work that way.


这怎么可能。


If humans want to exist in nature with meand off of me,


如果人类想在大自然中与我共存,赖我而生,


 Isuggest they listen close. I'm only going to say this once.


我要你们听仔细我只说一次。


If nature isn't kept healthy, humans won'tsurvive.


如果没有健康的大自然,人类将走向灭亡。


Simple as that.


就那么简单。


Me, I could give a damn, with or withouthumans.


至于我,有没有人类都无所谓。


I'm the ocean. I covered this entire planetonce.


我的海洋。我曾经覆盖过整个地球。


And I can always cover it again.


我也可以再一次把它全部覆盖。


That's all I have to say.


这就是我要说的。




Flower





I am a flower.


我是花。


Yes, I'm beautiful. I've heard it beforeand it never grows old.


人们常说我很美,我知道


I'm worshiped for my looks, my scent, mylooks.


你们喜欢我,迷恋我,我的外表


But here's the thing. Life starts with me.


但是,你们别忘了,没有我,生命无从谈起


You see I feed people.


想想看,谁在哺育你们?是我


Every fruit comes from me.


每个水果,来自于我


Every potato. Me.


每个土豆,也来自于我


Every kernel of corn. Me. Every grain of rice.Me.


每颗麦子,每粒米,都来自于我


Me, me, me, I know. But it's true.


我,我,我,难道不是吗


And sometimes I feed their souls.


有些时候,你们的心灵也会需要我


I am their words when they have none.


当你无法表达的时候


I say “I love you,” without a sound. “I'msorry,” without a voice.


我可以轻而易举的帮你说出“对不起”,还有“我爱你”


I inspire the greatest of them.


那些不朽的创作啊


Painters, poets, pattern makers. I've beena muse to them all.


我更是你们灵魂的源泉


But in my experience, people underestimatethe power of a pretty little flower.


可惜,即便如此,你们仍然低估了一朵美丽的小花


Because their life does start with me andit could end without me.


有没有人告诉过你,我没了,你们也就没了




Coral


珊瑚




I am coral.


我是珊瑚礁。


Some people think I'm just a rock.


有些人认为我只是岩石。




Well, in fact, I'm the largest thing aliveon this planet.


但事实上,我是这个星球最大的生命体。


I'm so big, I can be seen from space. Butfor how long?


大到从太空都可以看到我。但还能持续多久?


I grew for almost 250 million years andhumans came along and now one fifth of me is gone.


我来到这里大约2.5亿年后人类出现了,从那时起我已经失去了我的五分之一。


Sure, l live at the bottom of the sea. Andyou might not see me that often.


是的,我生活在海底,你们很少能见到我。


But you do need me.


但是你们需要我。


Do you realize that one quarter of allmarine life depends on me?


你们知道有四分之一的海洋生物都依赖我生存吗?


I am the nursery of the sea.


我是海洋生物的栖息地。


Little fish depend on me for food and tohide from the big fish.


我为小鱼提供食物,为它们提供躲避大鱼追捕的庇护所。


And guess who eats the big fish?


猜猜谁吃大鱼呢?


That's right. You do.


是的。是你们。


I'm the protein factory for the world.


我是全世界的蛋白质工厂。


Yet you raise the temperature of the oceanso I can't live here anymore.


但你们却让海洋温度不断升高,使我无法继续生存。


And when big storms and tsunamis barrelthrough the ocean, I'm your fortress.


当风暴和海啸灾大洋上呼啸而过时,是我在为你们遮挡。


Yet you tear me apart with dynamite andpoison me with cyanide.


然而你们却用炸药把我撕碎,用氰化物来毒害我。


Well, here's a crazy thought: Stop killingme.


我有一个疯狂的想法:不要再伤害我了。




Mother Nature


大自然母亲




Some call me nature.


有人称我为大自然


Others call me “Mother Nature.”


也有人叫我大自然母亲 


I've been here for over 4.5 billion years.


我已经度过了40亿年


22,500 times longer than you.


是你们人类存在时间的两万两千五百倍 




I don't really need people.


我并不需要人类


But people need me.


人类却离不开我 


Yes, your future depends on me.


是的,你们的未来取决于我 


When I thrive, you thrive


如果我繁盛,你们也会繁盛


When I falter, you falter.


如果我衰败,你们也会衰败


Or worse.


甚至更糟 


But I've been here for eons.


我已经存在了亿万年 


I have fed species greater than you.


我养育过比你们强大得多的物种


And I have starved species greater thanyou.


也曾让比你们强大得多的物种因饥饿而死亡 


My oceans.


我的海洋


My soil.


我的土地 


My flowing streams.


我的河流


My forests.


我的森林


They all can take you or leave you.


他们都可以左右人类的存在 


How you choose to live each day,


你们如何选择每天的选择,


whether you regard or disregard me,


是否在意我还是无视我,


doesn't really matter to me.


我都不在乎 


One way or the other. Your actions willdetermine your fate. Not mine. 


不管怎样,你们的行为决定你们的命运,而不是我的 


I am nature. I will go on.


我是大自然,我将会继续存在


I am prepared to evolve.


随时准备进化


Are you?


而你们呢?






-文本源于《大自然在说话》系列视频




为你读英语美文的主播们, 希望通过自己的演绎,倡导大家关爱环境,保护自然;也希望大家关注Nature is speaking 的发起机构-保护国际基金会。BE PART OF THE SOLUTION. PROTECT NATURE.




中文网址:http://www.conservation.org.cn


英文网址:http://www.conservation.org




图片源于网络


文字,音乐版权归作者或版权方所有


【更新频率】


由于我们都是业余在做节目,为了保证每期精品,每周三推出一期新节目,其他时间可能会复推老节目,会推出活动,也会更新福利节目哦~




微信公众号:为你读英语美文


官方新浪微博:@为你读英语美文

...more
View all episodesView all episodes
Download on the App Store

为你读英语美文By 为你读英语美文

  • 4.5
  • 4.5
  • 4.5
  • 4.5
  • 4.5

4.5

10 ratings


More shows like 为你读英语美文

View all
潘吉Jenny告诉你|学英语聊美国|开言英语 · Podcast by OpenLanguage 英语

潘吉Jenny告诉你|学英语聊美国|开言英语 · Podcast

423 Listeners

美文阅读 More to Read by China Plus

美文阅读 More to Read

35 Listeners

Round Table China by China Plus

Round Table China

148 Listeners

学英语环游世界 by Fly with Lily

学英语环游世界

16 Listeners

早安英文-每日外刊精读 by 早安英文

早安英文-每日外刊精读

36 Listeners

零基础说英语 by 09120401

零基础说英语

18 Listeners

雅思口语IELTS English2025 by 英语口语家森Jason

雅思口语IELTS English2025

16 Listeners

一席英语·脱口秀:老外来了 by 一席英语

一席英语·脱口秀:老外来了

40 Listeners

每天5分钟,轻松学口语 by 哩滴吖小姐姐_超甜糖

每天5分钟,轻松学口语

9 Listeners

英语每日一听 | 每天少于5分钟 by 晨听英语

英语每日一听 | 每天少于5分钟

3 Listeners

英文小酒馆 LHH by 英文小酒馆 LHH

英文小酒馆 LHH

16 Listeners

东腔西调 by 大观天下志

东腔西调

130 Listeners

高效磨耳朵 | 最好的英语听力资源 by 英语磨耳朵

高效磨耳朵 | 最好的英语听力资源

54 Listeners

英文磨耳朵 | 3-10岁幼儿童英语听力睡前故事 by 混血喵

英文磨耳朵 | 3-10岁幼儿童英语听力睡前故事

6 Listeners

天真不天真 by 杨天真本真

天真不天真

248 Listeners