Ep. 119: Does Accomplishment Require Overload?
08.09.2021 - By Deep Questions with Cal Newport
Below are the questions covered in today's episode (with their timestamps). For instructions on submitting your own questions, go to calnewport.com/podcast.
DEEP DIVE: Does Accomplishment Require Overload? [3:16]
DEEP WORK QUESTIONS
- How do you figure out what to get good at? [15:35]
- Should I quit teaching to become a lifestyle coach? [23:24]
- Why did I (Cal) become a computer scientist? [28;39]
- How do I stop my firm from killing itself with email? [34:07]
- As the multipurpose nature of computers a problem? [39:23]
- What do I (Cal) think about four day work weeks? [41:30]
DEEP LIFE QUESTIONS
- Should I reschedule miss deep work for later in the day? [46:56]
- Do you (Cal) ever fix your big picture plans once in motion? [48"37]
- Should I apply 4DX to my deep life buckets? [56:09]
- How does one balance deep work with a partner who is equally as ambitious? [1:01:42]
Thanks to Jay Kerstens for the intro music and Mark Miles for mastering.