Fall Self Care: The Power of Essential Oils with Elena Brower
10.15.2019 - By Yogaland Podcast
The scent of lavender wafting from every local yoga studio’s doors may be a relatively recent phenomenon, but essential oils have been used to bolster health and well being for thousands of years, says this week’s guest Elena Brower, who is a New York yoga teacher and Doterra wellness advocate. If you’re curious about how essential oils work, which ones are best for certain situations, and how to use them to help keep you and your family at optimal health, this episode is for you.
Here’s what we talk about:
* Essential oil basics: Their history, how they’re made, how to tell the difference between a quality oil and a synthetic one, how to use a carrier oil, etc.
* Three ways to use essential oils: Aromatically, topically, and internally. (Plus, Elena shares her reservations about people using essential oils internally.)
* The qualities and uses of the most popular essential oils. Elena talks about her favorite oils for relaxation, meditation, public speaking, grounding, uplifting, skin issues, and muscle aches, as well as which oils are best to help you stay healthy during the cooler fall and winter months.
* Other ways she uses oils for emotional health, skincare, and around her house everyday to keep things smelling fresh and to ward off potentially harmful bacteria.
* More about the multilevel marketing business model that several popular essential oils companies use—including DoTerra. , Elena responds to criticisms about that business model and explains why she’s an advocate for MLMs with integrity.
Show notes: http://www.jasonyoga.com/podcast/episode166
SHOUT-OUT TO OUR SPONSORS
Stitchfix makes it possible for you to have a professional stylist curate your everyday look.When you complete your style profile, an expert stylist will pick out 5 items and send them to you based on your style and preferences. Choose between automatic shipments or get a box on demand. For an extra 25% off when you purchase all the pieces in your box, visit Stitchfix.com/yogaland today.
Cirkul is a water bottle and flavor cartridge system that lets you can choose how much or little flavor you want added to your water. So, you’re getting hydrated without added sugar, artificial flavors or colors. There are 30 flavors, and each flavor cartridge is good for six full sized bottles of water. Right now you can get your own Cirkul water bottle plus two flavor cartridges for $5 by going to drinkcirkul.com/yogaland and entering promo code YOGALAND.
AUrate is a fine jewelry company made in New York City that was founded by women for women. They sell jewelry directly to the consumer, which keeps the quality high and the prices reasonable. For 15 % off your first purchase, go to AUratenewyork.com/yogaland and use promo code YOGALAND
We Love You (And So Can You) is a new podcast by Stitcher, a spin off on the show By the Book On the show, they send listeners on their own self help journey and they bring us around for the ride. Tune in at the end of this episode for a bonus episode of We Love You (And So Can You) or subscribe now on Stitcher, Apple Podcasts, or anywhere you get your podcasts. For information regarding your data privacy, visit acast.com/privacy