Ep. 59: Why Be Productive?
01.04.2021 - By Deep Questions with Cal Newport
Below are the questions covered in today's episode (with their timestamps). For instructions on submitting your own questions, go to calnewport.com/podcast.
- Preparing for deep work. [6:41]
- Keeping on top of everything when you have many roles. [12:32]
- Is it possible to time block without a clock? [18:25]
- Overcoming graduate student procrastination. [24:18]
- Predictable schedules with unpredictable children at home. [29:36]
- Scheduling asynchronous classes. [34:49]
- Plain text productivity using Markdown. [36:57]
- Long Term storage of promising ideas. [49:59]
- Overcoming fear of what other people will think. [58:49]
DEEP LIFE QUESTIONS
- Sports as a distraction. [1:02:55]
- Leisure that’s very similar to your work. [1:06:19]
- Why be productive? [1:09:55]
Thanks to listener Jay Kerstens for the intro music.