How food affects brain health with Neurologists Drs Dean & Ayesha Sherzai
05.06.2019 - By Plant Proof - Plant Based Nutrition & Inspirational Stories
In Episode 65 I sit down with Drs Dean & Ayesha Sherzai, or Team Sherzai, who are Neurologists from California. Dean & Ayesha are experts in the prevention of neurological degenerative disorders and authors of the well know book 'The Alzheimers Solution'.
In this episode we discuss:
• Why talking about lifestyle and degenerative neurological conditions is important
• The burden of such illnesses
• How patients with Dementia and Alzheimers present
• Why Drs Dean & Ayesha Sherzai are so passionate about this area
• Their personal journeys
• The work they are doing at a community level
• The science they are publishing
• What the science on nutrition & neurological degenerative conditions tells us
• Who's most at risk of developing these degenerative neurological conditions
• Underlying mechanisms and physiological risk factors contributing the development of these degenerative neurological conditions
• What foods we should eat to prevent the change of developing conditions such as Alzheimers and other forms of Dementia
• Why some people suggest to eat high fat diets and cholesterol for brain health
• Overlap between these degenerative neurological conditions and cardiovascular disease
• and much much more
If you enjoyed the episode and have a spare 1-2 minutes please leave a review on iTunes so the Plant Proof podcast ranks higher and becomes more discoverable for other listeners. And if you have any friends that you think will benefit from listening to this episode or any of the other Plant Proof episodes please share the link - together we can make this world a healthier place.
Currently, the Plant Proof podcast can be listened to on iTunes, Google Podcasts (note: use the google podcast app not google play), Spotify, Stitcher, Soundcloud or on the Plantproof.com directly. If you listen on iTunes be sure to hit 'subscribe'or 'follow' on Spotify so you are instantly notified when I release new episodes each week.
Of course, if you loved the episode. Share your feedback on social media and tag the Sherzai's and myself (@plant_proof) - we'd love to hear from you!
Hope you enjoy the episode friends.
Creator of Plantproof.com - your FREE resource for plant based nutrition information