为你读英语美文 · 科比特辑
主播:罗斌
今天凌晨3:24,美国媒体TMZ突然发布了一条惊人的新闻:NBA传奇巨星Kobe Bryant科比·布莱恩特在加利福尼亚州的一场直升机坠机事故中身亡,终年41岁。科比的十三岁女儿Gianna Maria也在事故中遇难。
朋友圈被科比的消息刷屏,很多朋友说,多么希望,这只是一场梦。
为你读英语美文的主播们也为科比的不幸离世悲伤不已,2016年科比宣布退役时,当时大二的罗斌做过两期关于科比的节目:第123期 Dear Basketball 和第131期When We First Met。今天,我们做成特辑,希望可以用我们的方式:和你一起在声音中缅怀科比。
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.
英雄是一时的,而传奇是一世的。
R.I.P.
第123期 Dear Basketball
(科比一路走来的简短音频:NBA选秀,三连冠,81分,最有价值球员,第五冠,宣布退役)
就如同你刚才听到的,科比表示自己将在这个赛季之后退役,结束长达20年的职业生涯。
其实早就预料到科比离远离赛场的日子不远了,我也很特别爱打篮球,爱看篮球,但并不算是一个狂热的科密,只是没有想到在科比宣布这个消息的时候也会是那样的百感交集。有很多话想说,但是酝酿了许久,此刻却不知道怎么去表达。正在收听节目的你,如果是一个爱打篮球的人,你一定知道科比,如果你不打篮球,那你肯定也多多少少听说过科比吧,17岁进入NBA,5次总冠军,历史总得分榜第三位,18次全明星,单场81分等等数不清的荣誉让我们记住了这个可能是后乔丹时代最伟大的篮球运动员。而让我对科比充满敬意的,远不止这些,他的努力,执着,顽强,好胜,以及那大起大落的职业生涯都让科比这个鲜活的人物充满了传奇色彩,如今科比已经老去,伤病缠身,终于到了放下一生挚爱的时候了,他给一生中最爱的篮球写了一封信,今天我在节目中分享给你,希望你能够透过科比的文字看到那颗最赤诚的心,也祝福你能找到自己所爱,也许是一个习惯,一个爱好,一份事业,一个人,都一如科比一样,勇于追随,一生不弃。
Dear Basketball,
亲爱的篮球,
From the moment
从小时候
I started rolling my dad’s tube socks
我穿着老爸的直筒袜
And shooting imaginary
假装着
Game-winning shots
我在大西部论坛球馆
In the Great Western Forum
投中制胜球的样子
I knew one thing was real:
我就清楚知道一件事情:
I fell in love with you.
我爱上你了。
A love so deep I gave you my all
— 我爱你如此之深,已奉献我的所有—
From my mind & body
从我的思想到我的身体
To my spirit & soul.
从我的精神到我的灵魂
As a six-year-old boy
六岁的我
Deeply in love with you
深深的爱着你
I never saw the end of the tunnel.
我从没想过这段旅程结束时的样子
I only saw myself
我只看到我自己
Running out of one.
在这条路上奔跑
And so I ran.
所以我不停的跑
I ran up and down every court
每场比赛我都不停奔跑
After every loose ball for you.
为争取每一次得到你的机会
You asked for my hustle
你需要我拼尽全力
I gave you my heart
我为你奉上了我的心
Because it came with so much more.
因为这需要的不仅仅是尽力。
I played through the sweat and hurt
我为打球流尽血汗、带着一身伤病
Not because challenge called me
不是因为困难在挑战我
But because YOU called me.
而是因为你在呼唤我
I did everything for YOU
我已经为你做了一切
Because that’s what you do
因为你也是这样对待我
When someone makes you feel as
因为你让我感觉
Alive as you’ve made me feel.
我自己是一个鲜活的人
You gave a six-year-old boy his Laker dream
你让一个6岁的孩子实现了他的湖人梦
And I’ll always love you for it.
为此我将永远爱你。
But I can’t love you obsessively for much longer.
但是我不能再如此迷恋你了
This season is all I have left to give.
这个赛季是我所能给的仅有的
My heart can take the pounding
我的心还能继续承受各种打击
My mind can handle the grind
我的意志也还能继续坚持下去
But my body knows it’s time to say goodbye.
但我的身体让我知道是时候说再见了
And that’s OK.
这也很好
I’m ready to let you go.
我已经做好准备跟你说再见了
I want you to know now
我现在只是想让你知道
So we both can savor every moment we have left together.
我们俩都可以永远珍藏着彼此一起度过的每一段时光
The good and the bad.
无论是好的,还是坏的
We have given each other
我们已经给了彼此
All that we have.
我们所能给的全部
And we both know, no matter what I do next
我们俩都知道,接下来无论我去做什么
I’ll always be that kid
我都会是那个
With the rolled up socks
穿着老爸的直筒袜
Garbage can in the corner
瞄准角落里的垃圾桶
:05 seconds on the clock
假装进攻时间还有5秒
Ball in my hands.
手里拿着篮球的小孩
5 … 4 … 3 … 2 … 1
5秒…4秒…3秒…2秒…1秒
Love you always,
一直爱你的,
Kobe
科比
接下来,罗斌为你读的是他自己写给篮球的一封信。
As I read this touching letter, my childhood memory of basketball suddenly occurred to me. And I want to share with you.
When I was just eight years old, my uncle drove me to the basketball court and asked me to make a shot. I was too short to shoot. After a whole afternoon's shooting, I did make few good shots under my uncle’s guidance. I felt so happy about every improvement I made. I guess it was that moment I fell in love with basketball, simply because of the joy and fun basketball brought to me.
So I started playing. At that time, there was a basketball court in the backyard, dozens of meters away from my home. That court was very shabby and the basket was much higher than a standard one. Every time I shot, it seemed like falling down. What’s worse, the ground was uneven and dusty.
Despite of the shabby surroundings, what I remember more is about the moment I spent with basketball, how I learnt to dribble with both of my hands, how I corrected my posture of shooting, how I imitated Kobe's fadeaway, Allen's crossover, T-Mac's jump shot, and how I called up my friends to play together. Even though so many years passed by, my heart is still filled with warmth and satisfaction when I recall that shabby basketball court.
Now I am a sophomore student, and I have been playing basketball for more than ten years. Life is changeable, but the thing that does not and will not change is I am still playing basketball. Playing basketball is not my career, but I think what more important is as I play basketball, all pressures and unhappy moments disappear, laughter and relaxation are there with me.
When I feel gloomy and confused, I will play basketball. A scene will occur to me, an eight-year-old kid standing in the shabby court and trying his best to play basketball well. I guess that kid is my inner self and that kid will guide me to be a better self in the future.
Now, that shabby basketball court was fixed. It’s standard. A few kids play basketball there every afternoon. They dribble, shoot, practice and laugh. I hope basketball will enlighten them as well.
I was born in June 1996. Two days after my birthday, Kobe was selected in the NBA draft and his NBA basketball career took off. Now I am 20. After 20 years’ ups and downs, Kobe wrote this letter to announce the date of his retirement. His 20-year-NBA career is about to end. Thank you, Kobe. Thank you for giving us so many wonderful and touching memories in the past 20 years. Best wishes to you. Kobe Bryant
第131期When We First Met
在第123期节目里,我跟大家分享了科比写给篮球的一封信,也说出了自己的篮球故事。其实除了这封篮球的信以外,科比还写给了另一封信。北京时间2015年11月30号,前来湖人主场观看与步行者比赛的观众都收到了来自科比的一封信,用精致的黑色信封包裹着。现场的观众看到这封信的时候是第一次知道科比在赛季结束之后退役的消息,信中真情流露出科比对球迷的感激之情,无论是球迷的赞扬,还是质疑,无论他们视科比是英雄还是恶棍,科比都将其转化为奋发进取的力量。现在我将为你分享这封信,希望你会喜欢。
When we first met
当我们初见时,
作者:Kobe Bryant,翻译:永清
When we first met
当我们初见时,
I was just a kid.
我还只是一个孩子。
Some of you took me in, some of you didn't.
你们有的人接受我,有的人并不接受。
But all of you helped me become the player and man in front of you today,
但是,是你们所有人让我变成了一名真正的球员,和今天站在你们面前的这个男人。
You gave me the confidence to put my anger to good use,
你们赋予我自信,让我化悲愤为动力,
Your doubt gave me determination to prove you wrong,
你们的质疑给了我证明你们并不正确的决心,
You witnessed my fears morph into strength,
你们见证我的恐惧转化成为力量,
Your rejection taught me courage,
你们的拒绝教给了我勇气,
Whether you view me as a hero or a villain,
无论你们视我为英雄还是恶棍,
Please know I poured every emotion, every bit of passion
请知道,我倾注了所有感情,每一丝热情
and my entire self into being a Laker,
和整个自己,成为一名真正的湖人。
What you've done for me is far greater than anything I've done for you.
你们为我做的,远比我为你们做的多。
I knew that each minute of each game I wore purple and gold,
我知道,每一场比赛的每一分钟,我身披紫金战袍,
I honor it as I play today and for the rest of this season.
我珍惜这种感觉,无论今天的比赛,还是接下来的赛季里,都会一样。
My love for this city, this team and for each of you will never fade.
我对这座城的爱,对这个队的爱,对你们所有人的爱,永不消退。
Thank you for this incredible journey.
为了这段不可思议的旅程,谢谢你!
我们可能没有像科比一样有那么多的球迷一直关注着自己,但是我相信你的生命里,一定有那么几个人,他的一个点头,一个微笑,一番话都能给你无限的动力,让你正视当下,活出更好的自己;也一定那么几个人曾让你羡慕,你会不甘心,所以会努力去证明自己也能做到这样。如果你的生命里真的有这样的人,那么恭喜你,已经找到了跟科比一样能让自己不断进取的观众,如果没有,那就继续寻找吧,也许人的一生从来都是寂寞的旅途,不如做自己的观众吧,相信经历过风风雨雨的你,到最后也一定能跟科比感谢陪伴了他20年的球迷一样,感谢生命中的每一次遇见,也感谢那个曾经愿意做自己忠实观众的自己。再次感谢科比带给我们的一切,也祝愿科比在退役之后依然能够找到那些让自己不断奋进的人。
▎主播介绍
罗斌:热爱英语,热爱播音,热爱篮球