和Emily一起练口语(附中英双语字幕)

【口语版】“熟知内幕”英语怎么说?

03.25.2024 - By 英语主播EmilyPlay

Download our free app to listen on your phone

Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play

关注微信公众号:英语主播Emily参与每周一到周五早上的英语直播分享告别哑巴英语 告别不会说的尴尬免费学习 不能错过!

A: I haven't got enough evidence for prosecuting him.我没有足够的证据起诉他。

B: Why don't you find someone who is in the know?你为什么不找个熟悉内幕的人呢?

A: I'm just thinking about that. But the trouble is, I do not know who is well in the know. 我正在想这个呢。但问题是,我不知道谁了解内幕。

B: Did you ask his former secretary Lora? She knows a lot about him. 你问过他以前的秘书,劳拉吗?

A: Thanks for reminding me. She's the right person to help me.谢谢你提醒我。她是能帮助我的人。

Prosecute通常是政府提起的刑事诉讼;The police decided not to prosecute because the evidence is not strong.

警方决定不起诉,因为证据不够。

sue是个人或实体提起的民事诉讼;The neighbor sued the construction company for noise pollution.

邻居起诉建筑公司噪音污染。

accuse则是“指控或指责”,通常是口头上的,不一定涉及法律程序。The government was accused of incompetence.政府被指责无能。

in the know知情;了解内幕

If you want the latest gossip about the celebrity, talk to Jennifer, she's always in the know.

如果你想知道最新的名人八卦,找詹妮弗谈,她总是知道内情。

Somebody in the know told me he's going to resign.

有知情者告诉我他要辞职。

I heard this from somebody who is in the know.

我是从某个知情人那里听到这件事的。

I guess it's the kind of thing that only people in the know know.

我猜这是只有知道内幕的人才知道的事情。

More episodes from 和Emily一起练口语(附中英双语字幕)