📃如果需要PDF文字檔或想知道更多關於每集的英語小知識,請追蹤:
🅸🅶:bear.bilingual
𝓕𝓑:Bear老師的中英雙語故事
💝贊助連結:https://pay.soundon.fm/podcasts/f2cb33e1-02d1-4fce-9e8e-68b636579fd0
本集背景音樂:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzKj1iGr78E&list=PLXKw2MMKa2p1CM0psShPF5NalVSU4TRgo&index=1&t=188s
來自動物的禮物/ Gifts From Animals
Hello, this is Teacher Bear, 我是Bear老師。
小朋友,聖誕節快到了,你一定已經開始期待禮物了,對不對?
Kids, Christmas is coming, you’ve started looking forward to gifts, right?
除了聖誕老公公以外,你覺得還有誰也會給你送禮物呢?讓我們一起來聽聽這個故事吧!
Besides Santa Claus, who else do you think will give you gifts? Let’s listen to this story together!
Gifts From Animals/來自動物的禮物
Story by Tony Weir/作者:Tony Weir
Translated by Bear Weir/翻譯:Bear Weir
This is Toad. Toad is a rain toad.
這是蟾蜍。她是雨蟾蜍。
Normally she looks like a potato, but today it rained, so she looks more like a toad.
平常她看起來像馬鈴薯,但今天下雨了,所以她看起來更像一隻蟾蜍。
Her best friends are Monkey and Parrot. They always meet to talk together about life and interesting things.
她最好的朋友是猴子和鸚鵡。他們總是聚在一起談論生活和有趣的事情。
“What are you hoping Santa will bring you for Christmas?” said Monkey to Toad.
「聖誕節你希望聖誕老人帶給你什麼?」猴子對蟾蜍說。
Toad scratched her nose and thought about it.
蟾蜍搔了搔鼻子,想了想。
“He hasn’t brought me anything for Christmas before.” she said. “He probably won’t bring anything this year either.”
「以前聖誕節他沒有給我帶任何東西。」她說:「他今年大概也不會帶東西給我。」
Parrot looked at Monkey sternly.“You shouldn’t hang around with those humans so often.” she said. “They have some very funny ideas.”
鸚鵡嚴肅地看著猴子。「你不應該經常和那些人在一起。」她說:「他們有一些非常古怪的想法。」
Monkey looked hurt. “I like them.” he said. “They take selfies with me. And sometimes they give me a banana”.
猴子難為情地說:「我喜歡他們。」他說:「他們和我一起自拍。有時他們會給我一根香蕉。」
“Anyway,” said Toad, “I don’t think Santa brings presents to animals. Only humans.”
「反正,」蟾蜍說:「我不認為聖誕老公公會為動物帶來禮物。他只給人類禮物」。
Parrot agreed. “That’s true.” she said. “Humans invented Santa to bring them presents.”
鸚鵡也同意。 「確實如此 。」她說: 「人類發明了聖誕老人來帶給他們禮物。」
“I don’t think that’s quite right.” said Monkey.
「我不覺得是這樣。」猴子說。
Their discussion was interrupted by a sudden loud crash and a shower of leaves and branches.
他們的討論被突然的巨響以及紛紛落下的樹葉和樹枝打斷了。
“Ouch!” said someone in a red-and-white costume on the ground. Behind him were four reindeer and a sleigh, which was upside down.
「哎喲!」地上一個穿著紅白服裝的人叫道。他身後有四頭馴鹿和一輛上下顛倒的雪橇。
“Hello!” said the fat man, getting up. “I’m rather lost. Can you tell me where I am?”
「你好!」那個胖胖的男人站了起來。「我有點迷路了。你們能告訴我這是哪裡嗎?」
Toad and Monkey and Parrot looked at each other, and at the fat man.
蟾蜍、猴子、鸚鵡看了看彼此,又看了看那位胖胖的男人。
“It’s our jungle.” said Parrot.
「這是我們的叢林。」鸚鵡說。
The fat man sighed. “That doesn’t really help much. Do you know the way to the North Pole?”
那位胖胖的男人嘆了口氣說:「聽你這樣說恐怕幫不了什麼忙。你知道去北極的路怎麼走嗎?」
“Afraid not.” said Monkey. “Are you Santa? Why are you in the jungle?”
「恐怕不知道。」猴子說:「你是聖誕老公公嗎?你怎麼會在叢林裡?」
“Well, there are some humans here.” said Santa. “They’re studying monkeys. I brought them some presents. And yes, of course I’m Santa. And now I’m a bit lost.”
「因為啊,這裡有一些人類。」聖誕老公公說:「他們正在研究猴子。我帶了一些禮物給他們。是的,我當然是聖誕老公公。但現在我有點迷路了。」
Monkey was embarrassed. “I’m sorry we can’t help.” he said. “We don’t often go to places like the North Pole, you see.”
猴子有些不好意思地說:「很抱歉我們幫不上忙,你知道的,我們不常去像北極那樣的地方。」
“That’s all right.” said Santa. “I’m sure I’ll figure it out. By the way, what were you all hoping to get for Christmas?”
「沒關係。」聖誕老公公說:「我確信我會弄清楚的。順便問一下,聖誕節你們都希望得到什麼?」
Parrot looked surprised. “I didn’t know you bring presents for animals.”
鸚鵡看起來很驚訝: 「我不知道你給動物帶禮物。」
“Well, I don’t normally.” replied Santa. “Humans invented me a long time ago. I think they’ve forgotten why. Now I deliver presents. So since I’m here, would you like something?”
「嗯,我通常不會。」聖誕老人回答: 「很久以前,人類就發明了我。但我想他們已經忘記原因了。現在我就負責送禮物。既然我來了,你們有什麼想要的嗎?」
Santa picked up his sack and jiggled it.
聖誕老人拿起他的大布袋並把它抖一抖。
Parrot and Monkey and Toad thought about what they might like, but they couldn’t think of anything.
鸚鵡、猴子和蟾蜍想了想他們可能喜歡什麼,但他們什麼也想不出來。
“We don’t really need anything. These are my friends here. We have a happy life in our jungle. I like bananas, but if I want bananas I can go to find them.”
「我們其實不需要任何東西。這些是我在這裡的朋友。我們在叢林裡過著幸福的生活。我喜歡香蕉,但如果我想要香蕉,我可以自己去找。」
Santa smiled. “So I think you know why I only bring presents to humans.”
聖誕老人微笑著說:「所以這就是為什麼我只給人類送禮物。」
He pulled a basket of nuts and fruit and snacks from his sack of presents.
他從裝禮物的布袋裡拿出一籃堅果、水果和點心。
“Here!” he said. “I think all you need is something to share.”
「拿去!」他說:「我認為你們所需要的就是一些能分享的東西。」
Santa pushed his sleigh the right way up, and climbed in.
聖誕老公公把他翻倒的雪橇推正,然後爬了進去。
“Merry Christmas everyone!”, he shouted, and the sleigh lifted high into the air.
「大家聖誕快樂!」他喊道,雪橇高高地升到了空中。
They watched him disappear into the distance, and Monkey looked in the basket for bananas.
他們看著他消失在遠方,猴子在籃子裡尋找香蕉。
“I hope he brought the humans some nice presents.” he said. “I’ll visit them later and have a look”.
「我希望他給人類帶去一些好禮物。」他說:「我稍後會去拜訪他們並且看看他們收到禮物沒。」
“I’ll come with you.” said Toad. “I’ve never seen humans before.”
「我跟你一起去。」蟾蜍說:「 我從沒見過人類。」
“Why don’t you bring them a Christmas present yourself?” said Parrot. “Here – humans eat nuts, don’t they?” She rooted around in the basket with her beak and pulled out six shiny nuts.
「為什麼你不自己帶一份聖誕禮物過去呢?」鸚鵡說:「嗯——人類吃堅果,不是嗎?」她用她的喙在籃子裡翻找,取出六顆閃亮的堅果。
“Good idea!” said Monkey, and wrapped the nuts in a big leaf.
「好主意。」猴子說,然後用一片大片樹葉把堅果包了起來。
Toad sat on Monkey’s head and off they went.
蟾蜍坐在猴子的頭上,他們就出發了。
The humans were sitting near their tent. They were holding glasses, and were drinking something from a tall bottle.
人類坐在他們的帳篷附近。他們拿著玻璃杯,喝著從一個高瓶子裡倒出來的東西。
“Do you think that drink is from Santa?” said Parrot.
「你認為那個飲料是聖誕老公公送的嗎?」鸚鵡說。
“Looks like it.” said Monkey.
「看起來是。」猴子說。
“Humans are so funny.” said Toad. “They only have fur on the top of their heads.”
「人類真好玩。」蟾蜍說: 「他們只有頭頂上有毛。」
“Yes, they really look strange.” said Monkey. “They make a lot of cute noises too.”
「對,他們看起來確實很奇怪。」猴子說:「可是他們也會發出很多可愛的聲音喔。」
Monkey walked up to the humans, waving his arms. The humans recognised him and waved their arms too. They seemed happy to see him, and took photographs of Toad sitting on his head.
猴子走到人類面前,揮舞著手臂。人類認出了他,也揮舞著手臂。他們似乎很高興見到他,並拍下了蟾蜍坐在他頭上的照片。
Monkey solemnly gave the package of nuts to the biggest human, who seemed very surprised. The human showed his teeth and made happy noises.
猴子鄭重地將那包堅果遞給最大隻的人類,那個最大隻的人類似乎很驚訝,露出牙齒並發出快樂的聲音。
“I think they like it.” said Parrot. “How do you say ‘Merry Christmas’ in human noises, Monkey?”
「我覺得他們喜歡。」鸚鵡說:「猴子,你怎麼用人類的聲音說『聖誕快樂』?」
“I have no idea.” said Monkey. “Don’t worry, I think they understand.”
「我不知道。」猴子說:「不過別擔心,我想他們都明白。」
Monkey, Toad and Parrot went home.
猴子、蟾蜍和鸚鵡回家了。
The humans did understand. They wrote some things in their notebook, and many years later, they still talked among themselves about their special animal friends, and the Christmas gift they brought them.
人類確實明白了。他們在筆記本上寫下了一些東西。許多年以後,他們仍然互相談討論著他們特別的動物朋友,以及他們帶來的聖誕禮物。
小朋友,你喜歡這個故事嗎?
Kids, do you like this story?
這是Bear師丈寫的故事喔!
This is a story written by my husband!
因為Bear師丈相信動物也想跟人類分享他們的好東西。你同意嗎?
Because my husband believes that animals also want to share their good things with humans. Do you agree?
你也喜歡跟朋友一起分享禮物嗎?
Do you also like to share gifts with friends?
如果你想把得到的禮物跟朋友一起分享,用英文,你可以怎麼說呢?
“I have some good things to share with you!”
意思是「我有好東西要跟你一起分享!」請跟Bear老師再說一次:
“I have some good things to share with you!”
小朋友,這個世界,所有生物都需要和平相處,善待彼此,讓我們祝福所有生物聖誕快樂,平安幸福!
Kids, in this world, all creatures need to live in peace and be kind to each other. Let’s wish all creatures a Merry Christmas, peace and happiness!
我們下次見嘍!
See you next time!
--
Hosting provided by SoundOn